WINCHESTER -- The city plans to make improvements to sidewalks at various intersections starting Monday.
Improvements are necessary to make the sidewalks compliant with accessibility requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act, according to a news release from the city.
Intersections to be affected are:
* North Braddock Street and North Avenue.
* Featherbed Lane and South Loudoun Street.
* Cork Street and Pleasant Valley Road.
* Cork Street, Purcell Avenue and Maple Drive.
* Pleasant Valley Road and Woodstock Lane.
* Amherst and Boscawen streets.
* West Jubal Early Drive and Valley Avenue.
* West Jubal Early Drive and South Loudoun Street.
* Cork and South Loudoun streets.
* Cork and Washington streets.
* Cork and Stewart streets.
* Amherst and Washington streets.
* Kent and Boscawen streets.
All of the work at these intersections should be completed by the end of October, according to the release.
Daily Staff Report