WINCHESTER -- The Salvation Army will take applications for Christmas assistance next month.
Applications will be accepted at the Salvation Army offices at 300 Fort Collier Road in Winchester from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct. 12-16, according to a press release. No appointment is necessary.
Applicants must live in Frederick or Clarke counties or in Winchester, and are required to bring the following items:
* Positive identification, preferably a photo ID.
* Social Security cards or birth certificates for all household members.
* Proof of all household income, including wages, SSI, Social Security, TANF and food stamps.
* Proof of non-parental custody.
* Clothing and shoe sizes for children.
Contact Linda Stern at the Salvation Army at 662-4777 for more information.