WINCHESTER -- The following is a list of closings in the Northern Shenandoah Valley in observance of New Year's Day:
• Federal offices: Closed Friday.
• State offices: Closed Friday.
• County government offices: Closed Friday.
• Winchester city offices: Closed Friday.
• Town offices: Closed Friday.
• Courts: Closed Friday; Shenandoah County General District and Juvenile and Domestic Relations courts also closed Thursday.
• Frederick-Winchester Judicial Center: Closed Friday.
• Post offices: Closing at noon Friday; closed Saturday.
• Public schools: Closed through Sunday, except Clarke County, which is closed through Monday.
• Department of Motor Vehicles: Closed Friday and Saturday.
• Libraries: Closed Friday and Saturday.
• Liquor stores: Closed Saturday.
• Banks: Closing at 2 p.m. on Friday; closed Saturday.
• Winchester Transit System: Closed Friday and Saturday.
• Warren County Active Living Center: Closed Friday.
• Sanitation: Shenandoah County landfill, closed Saturday; in Front Royal Friday's trash and recycling pickups moved to Wednesday; Warren County trash transfer station and compactor sites closed Saturday; in Winchester, Friday's refuse collection moved to Wednesday and yard waste collection is canceled; Frederick County landfill and convenience sites closed Saturday.