NVDAILY.COM | Local News
Posted December 15, 2010 | Leave a comment
Hazardous spill impacts school
STRASBURG -- A hazardous material spill forced Strasburg High School students out of class briefly Tuesday morning, according to Shenandoah County Public Schools Superintendent Keith Rowland.
No one was hurt, but fire and rescue personnel and hazardous material cleanup crews had to respond to one of the chemistry labs at the school when some sodium mixed with water, giving off harmful fumes, Rowland said. The students were evacuated to the gym while the situation was brought under control, and were back in class 45 minutes later, Rowland said.
Copyright © The Northern Virginia Daily | nvdaily.com | 152 N. Holliday St., Strasburg, Va. 22657 | (800) 296-5137