* Breaking News
If local news is breaking and you know about it:
* Call Us: 800-296-5137
* E-mail Us
* Upload Your Photos
By Preston Knight -- email@example.com
WOODSTOCK -- A Maurertown man has been charged with the forcible sodomy of a child younger than 13 years old.
A Shenandoah County Circuit Court grand jury indicted Roger Dale Conard, 46, of 137 Sycamore Lane, on the single count last week. He is accused of engaging in the sexual misconduct on July 20, according to the indictment.
The indictment returned against Conard was direct, and no additional information about the incident is available in court records. He is scheduled to appear again in Circuit Court on March 9.
Also last week, the grand jury indicted:
• Juan Cauich-Tzel, 31, and Elmar Reyes-Cruz, 19, both of 76 Belleview Ave., No. 6, Winchester; and Pedro Hernandez, 25, of 1023 Franklin St., Winchester, on one count each of possession of cocaine with the intent to distribute and conspiracy to distribute cocaine.
They are accused of taking part in a cocaine transaction at the Strasburg Ramada Inn.
• Donald Howard Berry, 20, and Joshua Dellinger, 23, both of 175 Stultz Road, Edinburg, on one count each of breaking and entering, conspiracy to commit breaking and entering, grand larceny and conspiracy to commit grand larceny.
They are accused of taking cigarettes and lottery tickets from Larkin's Grocery in Edinburg.
• Nena Fitchett, 24, of 8610 Fort Valley Road, Fort Valley, on one count of attempted breaking and entering.
• Danny Ray Smith, 45, of 212 S. Main St., Woodstock, on one count each of breaking and entering and possession of burglary tools.
• Krystle Ann Neff, 27, of 10085 Old Valley Pike, Mt. Jackson, on one count of prescription fraud.
• Dustin Garber, 25, of 2192 Old Valley Pike, New Market, on one count of third-offense petty larceny.
He was sentenced to serve a month in jail.
• Brandon Mattson, 26, of Sinking Spring, Pa., on one count of possession of methamphetamine.
• John C. Dolly, 33, of 105 Millertown Road, Edinburg, on one count each of driving after being declared a habitual offender, misdemeanor DUI and misdemeanor refusal.
• Zachary Allen Judy, 20, of 835 Huttle Road, Middletown, on one count of eluding police.
• Norman Larry Burns, 28, of 3545 Rittenour Road, Woodstock, on one count of possession of morphine.
• Crystal Anne Frost, 32, of Roanoke, on one count each of possession of cocaine and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
• Pedro Perez, 35, of Reading, Pa., on one count each of distribution of cocaine, transporting cocaine into Virginia and possession of a false document.
• James Andrew Young, 31, of Boulder, Colo., on one count each of possession of psilocyn and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
• Clark Alan Shelton, 27, of 145 Fishers Road, Maurertown, on one count of unauthorized use of a vehicle.
• Kevin Johnson, 40, of Fairfax, on one count each of writing a bad check and obtaining goods by false pretenses.
• Cory Allen Spiggle, 18, of 5851 Broad St., Mt. Jackson, on one count each of breaking and entering and misdemeanor petty larceny.
• Wilson Randolph Burke, 54, of 1459 Mt. Olive Road, Maurertown, on one count of possession of a firearm after being convicted of a felony.
• David A. McDaniel, 21, of 311 Meghann Drive, Woodstock, on two counts of distribution of marijuana and one count of distribution of a schedule I drug.
• Robert E. Lester, 27, of 3224 St. Luke Road, Woodstock, on one count of possession of a firearm after being convicted of a felony.