* Breaking News
If local news is breaking and you know about it:
* Call Us: 800-296-5137
* E-mail Us
* Upload Your Photos
By Preston Knightemail@example.com
WOODSTOCK -- A second man has been indicted on a hit-and-run charge in Shenandoah County Circuit Court, accusing him of being involved in an incident that put a Mt. Jackson resident in a medically induced coma.
A grand jury returned a direct indictment against Robert Clifton Green III, 24, address unavailable, on June 1. According to court records, he was a passenger in the Dec. 6 incident that put E.J. Stanley in a coma at the University of Virginia Medical Center.
Stanley was struck by a Ford Ranger pickup in the early morning hours.
Westley Strosnider, 23, of Maurertown, was indicted in March on one count of hit and run. He is accused of driving the Ranger. A criminal complaint states Strosnider admitted to being the driver.
A verbal altercation escalated along Hopewell Avenue that led to the man being struck, according to the Mt. Jackson Police Department.
Green is being held without bail at the Shenandoah County Jail and is scheduled to return to court July 13.
Also indicted were:
• Jordan Mansour, 20, of 3559 Riverview Drive, Toms Brook, on four counts of petty larceny, two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and one count of breaking and entering.
The charges are related to an August burglary at the Toms Brook post office.
• Omar Gonzalez-Ramos, 29, of 307 Crim Drive, Strasburg, on one count of third-offense DUI.
• Joseph Howard Ait, 52, of 188 E. Reservoir Road, No. 2, on one count of possession of oxycodone.
He was sentenced to a year of supervised probation.
• Anthony Dwayne Richards, 42, of 2363 River Road, New Market, on one count each of hit and run and reckless driving.
• James Clary, 26, of Brasher Falls, N.Y., and Ashley Marie Radell, 25, of Norwood, N.Y., on one count each of possession of hydromorphone.
• Hilario Hernandez-Hernandez, 25, of 137 Valley Vista Drive, No. 102, Woodstock, on one count each of identity theft and forging a public document.
• Christie Anna Ball, 25, of 7601 Main St., Middletown, E-6, on one count each of third-offense DUI and child endangerment.
• Marissa Ann Staubs, 22, of 3384 N. Main St., Toms Brook, on one count of
• Aaron Melvin Gilson, 27, of 350 West Old Cross Road, New Market, on one count of grand larceny.
• Sterling Youngcourt, 58, of 217 Country Brook Road, Woodstock, on one count each of destruction of property, breaking and entering and possession of a firearm after being convicted of a felony.
• Nathan Allen Benson, 32, of 354 Breckenridge Court, Strasburg, on one count of distribution of oxycodone.
• William Nelson Shumate, 68, of 120 Anne Mae Court, Strasburg, on one count of making a bomb threat and two counts of assault and battery.
• Anthony B. Smith, 41, of Clinton, Md., on one count of third-offense petty larceny.
• Hector Villegas-Ramirez, 30, of 1024 Opequon Ave., Winchester, on one count of distribution of cocaine.
• Latasha White, 20, of Staunton, on one count each of obstruction, shoplifting and hit and run.
• Jimmy Ray Weatherholt Jr., 37, of 2432 Berryville Pike, No. 25, Winchester, on one count each of grand larceny, petty larceny and larceny with intent to distribute.
• Scottie Lynn Tomblin, 33, of 109 W. Court St., Woodstock, on one count of grand larceny.
• Beau Bowers, 18, of 5789 Gospel St., Mt. Jackson, and Dustin Lee Wilfong, 19, of 2034 Jerome Road, Mt. Jackson, on two counts of grand larceny and one count of breaking and entering.
• Abby Aton, 29, of 312 Ritenour St., Front Royal, on one count each of forgery, passing a forged document and obtaining money by false pretenses.
• Justin Conner, 20, of 206 S. Charles St., Strasburg, on one count of petty larceny.
• Courtney A. Watson, 20, of Martinsburg, W.Va., on three counts of grand larceny.