NVDAILY.COM | Local News

Posted December 2, 2011 | comments Leave a comment

Gas malfunction blamed for fire


FRONT ROYAL -- Authorities believe a malfunction in a gas fireplace caused a Thursday morning fire at a home on Loop Road in Warren County.

The 4:33 a.m. blaze at 690 Loop Road was ruled accidental, according to a news release from the Warren County Department of Fire and Rescue Services.

Fire units arrived at the scene in less than 10 minutes, the release says.

All residents of the home were accounted for and uninjured, although two were treated for smoke inhalation, the release says.

Firefighters found that batteries were either missing or dead in several smoke alarms in the house, the release says. An occupant of the house discovered the fire and was able to alert all other occupants.

The fire was under control quickly, but damage to the home and contents was estimated at $70,000, the release says.


Copyright © The Northern Virginia Daily | nvdaily.com | 152 N. Holliday St., Strasburg, Va. 22657 | (800) 296-5137