By Candace Sipos -- email@example.com
WINCHESTER -- City police are still investigating a local man who has been accused of molesting a 9-year-old boy.
They have filed search warrants for DNA of Jonathan Carl Hall, 49, of 2052 Stoneleigh Drive, in relation to possible aggravated sexual battery, forcible sodomy and object sexual penetration.
According to the search warrants, the boy described several incidents when sexual acts occurred between him and Hall.
Hall has not been charged with anything at this time, said city police Sgt. Frank Myrtle. The case has been under investigation for at least a couple of months, he said. He could not comment on how much longer the investigation might last.
"A lot of times it takes time to make sure the evidence is collected and then it's submitted to our state lab," he said, adding that the length of time required to analyze the data depends on the intensity of the lab's case load.
Search warrants filed in Winchester and Frederick County circuit courts on Feb. 8 reported that four buccal swabs from Hall were taken to use for comparison to items obtained in a previously filed search warrant.
Myrtle could not elaborate on what is being compared with Hall's DNA, saying only that the swabs are being compared with evidence that was already collected from another search warrant.
That document, filed Jan. 17, said that Hall is a friend of the victim's family. After Hall had become friends with the boy's mother, the child spent the night with Hall "on several occasions," the warrant states.
The sexual acts occurred in Hall's bedroom and bathroom, the warrant states.
"The victim also described how Hall would show pornographic materials to him and then ask him if [he] wanted to do what they were doing in the clips," according to the document.
Hall had the clips stored on a flash drive, and used his laptop to show them, the boy told police.
The search warrant called for seizure of any flash drives and laptops found in the residence and the contents of those devices, among other items.