NVDAILY.COM | Local News

Posted May 11, 2012 | comments 5 Comments

Indictment: Man sexually assaulted 3-year-old girl

By Joe Beck -- jbeck@nvdaily.com

A Front Royal man was indicted Monday in Warren County Circuit Court on a charge of aggravated sexual battery of a child and taking indecent liberties with a child.

John Joshua Carroll, 30, of 1216 Massanutten Ave., was held without bail after being indicted.

The criminal complaint signed by Front Royal police detective Jason A. Lethcoe states that the events leading to Carroll's arrest began on March 6 when the Warren County Department of Social Services notified Front Royal police of allegations that Carroll had inappropriately touched a 3-year-old girl. Police arranged a forensic interview with the girl at the Child Advocacy Center in Winchester. During the interview, she disclosed "inappropriate" sexual conduct by Carroll, according to the complaint.

The complaint gives graphic detail of a sex act the girl said she performed on Carroll while they were both naked in a bathtub.

The complaint also described a follow up interview with the girl's mother, who told police the bathtub incident happened sometime in September 2011, which was the same time she learned of it.

The complaint states police conducted a follow up interview with Carroll who admitted having the girl perform several sex acts on him "while they were both naked and in the shower together."

Police said a few weeks ago they arrested Carroll in his home on March 8, two days after they were notified by the Department of Social Services of the allegations against Carroll.

Police held Carroll initially on a probation violation linked to a previous conviction for drug dealing. Police have said Carroll has no previous record of sex offenses.

5 Comments | Leave a comment

    I hope this pervert gets the maximum sentence allowed by the law, but I would make a bet that it will get pled down to where he only gets a very minimal amount of time as that seems to be the way this area decides to deal with these social degenerates. Just to slap them on the wrist and put them back out in society to accost and physically abuse our children. We need to elect officials who will get tough on child molestation.

    Assuming he DID do this, and only 3 people truly know (him, the little girl, and God), he'll probably be convicted of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a misdemeanor, and won't have to register as a sex offender. He'll be out prowling again in no time. Let justice prevail (sarcasm intended).

    Also, the mother became aware of the incident in September 2011, but the police department wasn't made aware until March 2012. Is that correct? Someone please tell me if I'm wrong because I very well could be reading way too much into this.

    A 3 year old. This is so far beyond disgusting. He should get life without parole. Of course, he won't.

    Give him life without parole. So he can be abused for the rest of his life. Cause this will last the 3 year old and her family for life. And the other people that KNEW ABOUT IT needs to be CHARGED as well. And when will the COURT do THAT! I hope he gets his a-- kicked every DAY and NIGHT.


Copyright © The Northern Virginia Daily | nvdaily.com | 152 N. Holliday St., Strasburg, Va. 22657 | (800) 296-5137