The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Front Royal Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday. The agenda includes discussion and possible action on:
- A resolution to renew an encroachment license for 821 Commerce Ave. The original license, approved in 2007 for property owner Kimberly Wilson to rebuild a home destroyed by fire, has expired. Council may take action on a resolution to renew the license for another five years.
- A resolution for a five-year encroachment license for 116 and 122 E. 8th St. Property owner John Lockhart applied for a zoning permit to renovate the existing front porch at 122 E. 8th St. During the application process officials discovered both homes encroach the public right-of-way. The town cannot issue the zoning permit until it resolves the encroachment issue.
- A resolution to direct staff to install new water and sewer service lines in the town's right-of-way to E&E Investments LLC property, Jack Evan Chevrolet, on the southeast corner of Lee and Jackson streets, formerly 26 W. Jackson St. Installation would include a new, 3/4-inch water meter. The developer will not pay additional connection fees for the installation of the new service.
- A resolution to direct staff to install a new water and sewer service in the town right-of-way to Palmer Tyree property at 20 W. Jackson St., to include a 3/4-water meter on Jackson Street. The developer will not pay for the installation, but will be responsible for connection of the existing structure services to the newly installed services.
- Following the regular meeting, town council plans to hold a work session to discuss the local connector road with Jennifer McDonald, executive director of the Economic Development Authority.
- The Strasburg Ordinance Committee meets at 5 p.m. Monday. The committee plans to discuss ordinances regulating steep slopes as well as the town Arts and Tourism District and related tax incentives. The panel also will discuss a proposed no smoking ordinance and changes to regulations pertaining to parking recreational vehicles
- The Strasburg Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday to discuss the Community Plan.
- A special meeting of the New Market Zoning Subcommittee will be held at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the town council chambers of the Arthur L. Hildreth Jr. Municipal Building. The agenda includes a review and discussion of the town's limited industrial district.
- The Woodstock Planning Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. The commission plans to consider and make a recommendation for a special-use permit request by Gregory S. Peer and Susan N. Dickinson to operate a bed-and-breakfast with three to four suites. The commission also plans to consider and make a recommendation for a special-use permit requested by Central High School to erect a wind turbine.