By Alex Bridges - firstname.lastname@example.org
The following public meetings have been scheduled for this week:
The Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the government center. Public hearings begin at 7:30 p.m. Supervisors plan to take action on:
- A 2-year extension of a conditional-use permit for a bed-and-breakfast requested by G. Nevill Turner
- A request for an appropriation from special projects (historic tax credit fund) of $102,085 for the evaluation of two possible sites for a proposed middle school
Supervisors will hold public hearings on:
- Proposed changes or additions to the county code to define the term "unrestricted" and to prohibit dogs from running unrestricted within the boundaries of any Warren County public park located with the county and not Front Royal and to make an exception for canines running unrestricted in any public dog park and to allow violators to prepay a fine if issued.
- Proposed changes to the county code to define the term "intimidating dog;" to describe the procedure for the court to determine whether a dog is intimidating; and to detail the disposition of a dog found by the court to be intimidating.
The Rappahannock-Shenandoah-Warren Regional Jail Authority Board transition committee meets at 1 p.m. Thursday in the Warren County government center. The full authority board meets at 2 p.m. Thursday in the center.
The Front Royal-Warren County Anti-litter Council meets at 4 p.m. Thursday in the government center.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the town hall conference room for a work session. Council plans to discuss:
- Wastewater treatment plant upgrade by way of a chartering meeting
- Ordinance amendments related to on-call solid waste collection, yard sales and the defined area of the U.S. 522 corridor
- Oversight of the Avtex easement
- Front Royal's 225 Anniversary of Incorporation
- Capital improvements plan
- An update on the renovations to the adminstration building
- The proposed community development resource officer
- Charter amendments
Council plans to go into closed session to discuss property acquisition, probable litigation and a personnel matter.
The Shenandoah County Tourism Travel Council meets at noon Tuesday at the Woodstock Cafe.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the town hall, 101 Town Hall Ave.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Council plans to discuss and consider proposed text amendments to the town zoning ordinance. Council also plans to go into closed session to discuss litigation, specifically the case of Fulk v. New Market.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday for a joint work session with the Planning Commission. The panels intend to discuss the Strasburg Community Plan.
The Woodstock Ordinance Committee meets at 6 p.m. Monday in town hall. The committee plans to discuss:
- The special-use permit process review
- Off-street parking regulations
- Off-premise signs related to not-for-profit organizations
- Directional sign for business not on major commercial corridors
The Frederick County School Board meets at 6 p.m. Monday for a work session, followed by its regular meeting at 7 p.m.
The Frederick County Volunteer Fire and Rescue Association meets at 7 p.m.
Town Council plans to hold a meeting of its standing committees at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The Historic Preservation Commission meets at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The Finance Committee meets at 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The Public Safety Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.