The Mt. Jackson Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. today at 5901 Main St.
The New Market Town Council committee meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. today in the Arthur L. Hildreth Jr. Municipal Building, 9418 John Sevier Road. Committees on finance and personnel, public works, public safety and tourism, economic development and historic preservation meeting in succession.
The Public Works Committee will receive updates on Shady Lane improvements and Phase II of the Streetscape project.
Representatives of the Shenandoah County Fire and Rescue Department will give a presentation at the Public Safety Committee meeting on the recently upgraded Reverse 911 system.
Zenaida Hall, executive director of the Shenandoah Valley Travel Association, will give a presentation to the Tourism, Economic Development and Historic Preservation Committee.
The Strasburg Town Council meets at 7 p.m. today for a work session.
Council plans to discuss:
- the Downtown Streetscape Enhancement Project.
- a proposed arts and tourism district ordinance
- proposed revisions to town code to allow real estate tax incentives for renovated commercial or industrial buildings in the Historic District
- proposed no-smoking ordinance
- proposed code revisions regarding Recreational Vehicles
- proposed changes to utility billing procedures for tenants/landlords
Woodstock Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at 135 N. Main St.
The Warren County Board of Supervisors meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday at 220 N. Commerce Ave., Front Royal. Supervisors plan to hear reports and updates on the Dominion power station project; the Civil War Sesquicentennial Committee; the Shenandoah Farms Sanitary District; the Virginia Cooperative Extension Service; Warren County Public Schools; the Virginia Department of Transportation and grant efforts.
Supervisors plan to meet in closed session to discuss the acquisition and/or disposition of property.
The board also plans to convene a work session to discuss items recently addressed by the town and county liaison committee.
The Warren County Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at 220 N. Commerce Ave., Front Royal. The commission plans to hold public hearings on:
- A conditional-use permit request by North Fork Resort to operate a commercial campground at 301 North Fork Road.
- A request for a conditional use permit to operate a poultry abattoir, or slaughterhouse, at 150 Kelley Drive, and to define abattoir and it to the uses allowed by such a permit.
- A request to amend the list of uses in the industrial zoning district to include storage of recreational vehicles, boats and cars, excluding inoperative vehicles.
- A request to amend the zoning ordinance to allow for the replacement of nonconforming telecommunications structures.
The Front Royal Town Council meets for a work session at 6:30 p.m. Monday. Members plan to go into closed session to discuss an appointment to the Planning Commission. Council will convene in open session to discuss:
- a request for a special-use permit for a kennel at 450 S. Commerce Ave.
- ordinance amendments pertaining to on-call refuse collection, the addition of yard sale definitions and parking prohibitions
- an easement on the former Avtex site
- a request by AVG Holdings to amend development proffers
- the Community Development Resource Officer contract
- Town charter amendments
- Council goals
- Council plans to convene in a second closed session to consult with legal counsel about probable litigation
The Stephens City Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at 1033 Locust St.