By Alex Bridges - email@example.com
The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The county Tourism Council meets at noon Tuesday at the Woodstock Cafe, 117 S. Main St., Woodstock. The panel plans to hear an update on work on the county's Artisan Trail.
The Water Resources Advisory Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the county government office building in Woodstock.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Council plans to consider:
- An ordinance concerning specific billing policies for water and sewer services
- An ordinance to amend the town code to add that a conviction of soliciting without a permit carries a penalty of a class 4 misdemeanor
- A request by the New Market Area Chamber of Commerce for certain considerations for the 2012 annual Heritage Days fall festival, including a waiver of any applicable itinerant merchants fees
The Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday at the Warren County Community Center, 538 Villa Ave., Front Royal.
The Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the county government center.
Supervisors plan to hold public hearings at 7:30 p.m. on the following:
- A conditional-use permit requested by North Fork Resort to operate a commercial campground
- A proposed ordinance to amend the county code to add to the list of uses allowed by a conditional-use permit in the industrial zoning district. The proposed ordinance seeks to add the storage of recreational vehicles, boats and cars, excluding inoperable vehicles, to the allowed uses.
- A proposed ordinance to amend the county code to allow the replacement of conforming communications structures
- A proposed application to the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development to expand and extend the Cedarville Enterprise Zone
- A request to amend the Warren County Comprehensive Plan to include a map of current and proposed conservation easement areas, including 664 acres of land in the Shenandoah Farms subdivision owned by W.P. Associates as a future conservation easement area
- Supervisors also plan to discuss and possibly take action on a request to conduct a speed study of Browntown Road.
- The board then will hold a work session to discuss meals and transient tax sharing with Front Royal, and a draft of the Route 522 Corridor agreement
The Front Royal Golf Club Advisory Committee meets at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Front Royal Golf Club.
The management team for Warren County's Community Telecommunications Plan meets at 3 p.m. Thursday in conference room 101 of the Warren County Government Center.
The Department of Social Services advisory board meets at 4 p.m. Thursday at 912 Warren Ave., Front Royal.
The liaison meeting of the Front Royal Town Council and the Warren County Board of Supervisors meets at 6 p.m. Thursday in the caucus room of the government center.
The Warren County Building Committee meets at 10 a.m. Friday in the government center. The committee plans to discuss:
- The use of the area formerly occupied by the Fire and Rescue Department
- Painting of the government center exterior
- Improvements to the county courthouse
- Expansion of the community center parking lot
- An update on the public safety building
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday for a work session. Council plans to hear an assessment on the AMP solar project from the town department of energy services. Council also will discuss pursuing a pilot study on converting certain kinds of solid waste or sludge and the potential benefits. Council also will go into a closed session to discuss a prospective business or industry or the expansion of either.
The Front Royal Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Warren County Government Center, 220 N. Commerce Ave. The commission plans to hold a public hearing on the draft of the fiscal 2012-2017 Capital Improvement Program.
Town Council committees hold successive meetings beginning at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The Town Council Parks and Recreation Committee meets at 5 p.m. Monday.
The Historic Preservation Committee meets at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The Water and Sewer Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, followed by the Public Works Committee at 6 p.m.
The Newtown Heritage Festival Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.