By Alex Bridges - firstname.lastname@example.org
The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Supervisors plan to:
- Review and possibly take action on a draft comprehensive agreement with Caldwell Santmyer for design-build services for the Edinburg School and Historic Courthouse projects in accordance with the Virginia Public Private Education Act.
- The board also will review a draft lease agreement with Charterhouse School Inc. for the use of the Edinburg School to provide education services for special-needs students. Supervisors also will hear an update from Davenport and Company on a financing plan for the Edinburg School project. While supervisors gave the public two opportunities to comment on new or non-agenda items at their meetings, the board may not entertain public input on the Edinburg School matters because they are considered "old business."
- Discuss upgrading the audio equipment in the supervisors board room and conference room. Documents provided by the county indicated supervisors may hear a proposal to spend no more than $16,000 on equipment and software, and approximately $2,200 annually to upgrade the audio system in the rooms.
- Discuss the bridge replacement of Mill Cree Road (Va. 698)
- Consider adoption of updates to the Comprehensive Plan 2025 regarding community facilities
- Discuss fee waiver requests by Antioch Church of Brethren of Woodstock and Liberty Baptist Church of Strasburg
- Enter into closed session to discuss the appointment of a public official to serve on the Department of Social Services board
The Architectural Review Board meets at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Council will hold a public hearing jointly with the Planning Commission to receive comments on proposed amendments to the town code repealing the special-use requirement for retail businesses exceeding 50,000 square feet as permitted in the I-1 Industrial District. The proposed amendment still requires any qualifying development in the district to meet provisions under the code section pertaining to retail establishments exceeding 50,000 square feet.
The Planning Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Development Review Committee meets at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The Rappahannock-Shenandoah-Warren Regional Jail Authority transition committee meets at 1 p.m. Thursday, followed by a meeting of the jail authority board.
The Front Royal-Warren County Anti-Litter Council meets at 4 p.m. Thursday.