By Alex Bridges -- firstname.lastname@example.org
The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Board of Supervisors meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the Shenandoah County government center in Woodstock. Supervisors plan to hear reports from staff. The board also plans to discuss changes to the county personnel policy and procedures manual and the approval of documents for the Scattered Site Housing Rehabilitation Project through the Community Development Block Grant program.
Supervisors also will go into closed session to discuss the annual performance evaluation of County Administrator Douglas Walker and to consult with legal counsel regarding conduct and board's rights, duties and obligations at meetings.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in town hall. Council plans to hear reports from various committees. Shenandoah County Supervisor David Ferguson will update council on the status of the Edinburg school project.
Mayor Joseph A. Williams holds an open door meeting at noon on Tuesday. Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council will hold a public hearing on proposed revisions to the town code pertaining to the storage of recreational vehicles. Council then may take action on the proposed changes. Council also plans to take action on the Strasburg Community Plan.
The finance committee meets at 6:30 p.m. Monday to discuss:
- Water and sewer access fees for apartments
- Possibly joining the Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission as a voting member
- The acquisition of real property (in closed session)
The town park commission meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the W.O. Riley Park tennis courts and playground.
The ordinance committee meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at town hall. The committee plans to continue their discussion on:
- The special-use permit process review
- Off-street parking regulations Off-premise signs for not-for-profit organizations
- Directional signs for businesses not on major commercial corridors
The Airport Commission meets at 7 p.m. Monday at the airport terminal.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the board room of the Warren County Government Center.
The commission will hold public hearings on:
- A request by W.P. Associates to amend the Warren County Comprehensive Plan. W.P. Associates proposes to turn approximately 664 acres of land it owns in the Shenandoah Farms subdivision into a conservation easement area which it wants the county to include in the comprehensive plan.
- A request to amend the county code to change the definitions for types of kennels and add commercial and non-commercial kennels as uses allowed in the agricultural and rural residential district with a conditional-use permit. The request also seeks to add supplementary regulations for three kinds of kennels.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Warren County Government Center.
Council plans to hold a public hearing on an ordinance pertaining to on-call garbage collection. They also plan to discuss and possibly take action on:
- Revised proffers associated with a rezoning at 602 and 604 Radham St. AVG Holdings has asked the town to allow the homes to be used for residential purposes until the owners convert the properties to commercial use. The matter comes before council for a second and final reading.
- Changes to the town code pertaining to parking restrictions
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday.