By Alex Bridges
The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Board of Supervisors meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday. The board will hold public hearings on:
- A proposed appropriation-backed debt financing of up to $4.5 million to provide funds to rehabilitate, renovate and equip the old Edinburg School, 508 Piccadilly St., Edinburg, for use by United Methodist Family Services Charterhouse School as an educational facility for special-needs students and as a center for the Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging
- A proposed lease for all or part of the old Edinburg School to United Methodist Family Services Charterhouse School and the SAAA
The board also plans to consider a comprehensive agreement with Caldwell Santmyer for design-build services for the Edinburg School and Historic Courthouse in accordance with the Virginia Public Private Education Act. Likewise, supervisors plan to consider a lease agreement with Charterhouse for the use of the Edinburg School to provide education services for special needs students.
Supervisors also plan:
- To consider an amendment to a special-use permit by Mountain View Rendering Company LLC to expand the sources from where the plant can receive material. The Planning Commission recommended the board approve the request with an amended condition.
- To discuss an amended appropriation of a special fund
- To discuss requests for rebates for reimbursement of building and zoning permit fees by Antioch Church and Liberty Baptist Church
The Shenandoah County School Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday. The agenda was not available on Friday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Information on the meeting agenda was not available on the town website Friday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. The mayor holds an open-door meeting at noon Tuesday. Information on the meeting agenda was not available on the town website Friday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to consider and possibly take action on:
- Proposed by-laws for the recently created Maintenance Code Board of Appeals
- A proposed resolution opting out of collecting unpaid bills from landlords
- A proposed increase in the utility deposits from $100 to $200 for in-town customers and $240 for out-of-town accounts
The Warren County School Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday. The agenda was not available on Friday.
The Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday at the Warren County Community Center, 538 Villa Ave., Front Royal.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The commission plans to hold public hearings on:
- A request for a conditional-use permit for an assisted living facility at the corner of Harmony Hollow and Harmony Orchard roads, on property zoned for agricultural use
- A request to amend the county code to replace the definitions for commercial, non-commercial and boarding kennels, and to add such kennels as uses allowed by a conditional-use permit in the agricultural and rural residential districts, as well as include supplementary regulations for such uses
- A request for a conditional-use permit for a kennel at 63 Limeton Church Road on property zoned for agricultural use
- To consider adopting the 2030 Front Royal Area Transportation Plan with road priorities
The commission also will discuss and authorize to advertise for public hearing:
- A request for a conditional-use permit for a short-term tourist rental at 2018 High Top Road
- A request to amend the Warren County Zoning Map and rezone approximately 2.56 acres from commercial to industrial use on U.S. 340-522
- A request for a conditional-use permit for the storage of recreational vehicles, boats and cars, excluding inoperable vehicles, at 5320 Strasburg Road, on property zoned for industrial use
The commission also plans to hear an update on the annexation request filed with the state by the Front Royal Limited Partnership to bring 640 acres into town limits
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to hear reports from Crime Prevention Specialist Janice Hart. Council also plans to approve several bids for road improvement projects and renovations to the administration building. Council will meet in closed session to consult with legal counsel and to discuss the potential investment of public funds.
The Town Council Personnel Committee meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
The Town Council Public Works Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, followed by the Water and Sewer Committee at 6 p.m.
Middletown Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday. An agenda for the meeting was not available on the town's website Friday.
Contact staff writer Alex Bridges at 540-465-5137 ext. 125, or firstname.lastname@example.org