Bret Hrbek, a financial adviser with the financial-services firm Edward Jones in Front Royal, and Tina Maddox, a branch office administrator, recently attended an invitation-only training opportunity at the firm's headquarters in St. Louis.
The three-day Advanced Practice Management Forum is offered to branch teams throughout the country who rank among the top third most successful in the firm in helping clients work toward their long-term financial goals. Hrbek and Maddox were among more than 180 associates, out of more than 12,000, invited to attend this session.
The Top of Virginia Regional Chamber recently announced the following newly elected additions to the 2013 Board of Directors:
• Dee Gibbs, Kraft Foods
• Tracy Vosika, TV3 Winchester
• John Lamanna, Timber Ridge School
• Dave Reichert, TotallyTrips.com
• Glen Koontz, Martin & Siebert
• Jim Youngblood, First Bank
The following officers were elected to the Chamber Executive Committee:
• Mike Guevremont, Executive Protection Systems, Chairman of the Board 2013
• John Brauer, NW Works, Chair-Elect
• Kevin Callanan, Valley Health, Vice Chair
• Jim McCarty, Bank of Clarke County, Treasurer
Battletown Pharmacy will open this winter at 33 Main Street in Berryville. The pharmacy, owned by Laura and Patricia White, will carry on the legacy of Dr. Eugene V. White, who served the Berryville area for 41 years.
The exact date of the pharmacy's opening remains to be determined, but it is expected to open in early 2013.