Daily Staff Report
The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
A public forum on school safety will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday at North Fork Middle School.
The Water Advisory Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the county government center in Woodstock.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to hear an update on a proposed water storage tower and improvements to the town's water supply system.
Council is considering locations and options for building a new water tower.
Council also will hear an update on a project to upgrade the town's water treatment plant. The update will focus on the design and financing of the project.
Council will discuss and consider a proposed ordinance designating Banks Fort as a local historic landmark. The Architectural Review Board in December recommended the town add the property as a landmark.
The Airport Commission meets at 7 p.m. Monday at the airport terminal.
The Board of Supervisors will hold a joint work session with the School Board at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the county government center to discuss site evaluations for a second middle school.
Supervisors then hold their regular meeting at 7 p.m. The board will hear a presentation on a housing tax credit project from People Inc. representative Mike Rush.
Supervisors then plan to continue the public hearing on proposed changes to the county zoning ordinance concerning definitions and regulations of dog kennels.
The board will hold public hearings beginning at 7:30 p.m. on:
- A proposed ordinance to vacate alleys between lots 10-15 and lots 49-80 of the Ellis Herr Lots at Limeton
- A proposed ordinance to vacate portions of more than a dozen undeveloped roads in the Shenandoah Farms Subdivision owned by W.P. Associates
- A request for a conditional-use permit for an assisted living facility at Harmony Hollow and Harmony
- A request to modify a conditional-use permit issued to Claude S. Reel Jr. for a commercial repair garage, in combination with a single-family dwelling, to increase the maximum number of cars from five to 14
- A proposed ordinance to amend the county code by adding the Thunderbird Farms subdivision to the locations where shooting is prohibited
- A request to amend the zoning ordinance to add industrial and construction equipment rental, repair and sales facility to the uses allowed by conditional-use permit
- A conditional-use permit for a facility for rental, repair and sale of industrial and construction equipment
- Supervisors plan to meet in closed session to discuss personnel matters related to the Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney.
The Front Royal Golf Club Advisory Committee meets at 10 a.m. at the golf club.
The Planning Commission holds a work session at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the third-floor meeting room in Town Hall. The commission plans to discuss a proposal from Renaissance Planning Group to conduct phase 2 of the comprehensive plan update project concerning town visioning. The panel also will hear reports from the Board of Zoning Appeals and the Board of Architectural Review and updates on the town administration building renovations project. The Commission also will discuss the 2013 prioritization of special projects.
The Liaison Committee of the Front Royal Town Council and Warren County Board of Supervisors meets at 6 p.m. Thursday in the caucus room of the county government center.
The Comprehensive Plans and Programs Committee meets at 7 p.m. Monday.
The Social Services Board meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
The Handley Regional Library Board meets at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Frederick County Sanitation Authority meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Frederick County Finance Committee meets at 8 a.m. Wednesday.
The Winchester-Frederick County Metropolitan Planning Organization meets in the county government center at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The Tourism Board meets at 8 a.m.
The Northwester Regional Jail Authority board meets at 10 a.m.
The Winchester Regional Airport Authority meets at 5 p.m.
Town Council holds its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday.
The Town Council Water and Sewer Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by the Public Works Committee at 6 p.m.
The Newtown Heritage Festival Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.