Most government offices and agencies are closed today due to the President's Day holiday. The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Tourism Council meets at noon Tuesday at the Woodstock Café.
The Water Resources Advisory Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the board conference room of the county government center.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Arthur L. Hildreth Jr. Municipal Building. Council plans to hold a public hearing on proposed amendments to the fiscal 2013 budget. Council also may consider and take action on the budget amendments, proposed regulations to seasonal grass and leaf removal, and a recommendation of an appointment to the Board of Zoning Appeals.
Town Council holds a downtown plan meeting at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The Town Council Infrastructure Committee meets at 6 p.m. Thursday. The committee plans to hear an update on the wastewater treatment plant upgrade and to discuss the Gateway to Shenandoah Visitor Center and Hupp's Hill Civil War Park.
Town Council committees meet Wednesday beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Street Committee plans to discuss a dilapidated structure, tracking of mud on town streets and handicapped parking on Main Street. The Water and Sewer plans to discuss the Stoney Creek Dam Study, inspection of the water treatment plant filter and disposal of sludge. The Ordinance Committee plans to review the definition of fine art studios.
The Board of Supervisors holds a work session with the School Board at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the county government center, 220 N. Commerce Ave. Supervisors plan to hold a work session at 6:30 p.m. to receive an update on a U.S. Geological Survey study. Supervisors convene their regular meeting at 7 p.m. Dan Lenz plans to present the annual Parks and Recreation Commission Report for 2012. The board, as part of its consent agenda, plans to award a contract for a project to make improvements to Gertrude Miller Park and Little League Drive, and to amend the county's personnel policy concerning the Virginia Retirement System. Also in the consent agenda, the board expects to accept a bid for the construction of Eastham Trail Phase II and a recommendation to award the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Supervisors plan to begin public hearings at 7:30 p.m. on the following:
- A request by Leslie Bremigan for a conditional-use permit to operate a kennel
- A proposed ordinance to amend the county code by adding definitions of , and supplemental regulations for "Micro-brewery" and "Brewpub," as well as to include such operations as permitted in the agricultural zoning district with a conditional-use permit
- A request by Sunflower Cottage LLC for a conditional-use permit to operate a microbrewery and brewpub at the property on
- A proposed ordinance to amend the county code pertaining to the repair of non-conforming signs
- A proposed lease of 2.82 acres at 266 Rockland Court to the North Warren Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company for governmental and public-related uses
- A proposed lease agreement between the Board of Supervisors and PHI Air Medical LLC to renew and extend the lease of the hangar at the Front Royal-Warren County Airport for one additional year
- To authorize a lease of county property at Rockland Park to Zachary Industries Inc.
Supervisors then plan to meet in closed session to discuss personnel matters, specifically an appointment to the Northwestern Community Services board; the possible acquisition of real property for public purposes; and legal matters pertaining to the Front Royal Limited Partnership Annexation Petition, the Rappahannock-Shenandoah-Warren Regional Jail and the U.S. 340-522 Corridor
The Front Royal Golf Club Advisory Committee meets at 10 a.m. Thursday at the club.
The Department of Social Services Advisory Board meets at 4 p.m. Thursday in the agency offices at 912 Warren Ave., Front Royal.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to discuss:
- American Municipal Power and the Eastlake Peaking Project
- An ordinance amendment pertaining to home occupations
- Front Royal Volunteer Fire Department donation requests
- Community development resource officer
- The employee handbook update
- Acceptance of a grant from the Anti-Litter Council
- A proposal to move town elections by way of an ordinance
- Designation of the town as exempted from Hatch Act regulations pertaining to participation in local elections
- Treatment of rainwater discharge from the RSW Regional Jail
- Front Royal Limited Partnership annexation petition
Council plans to go into closed session to consult with legal counsel and receive briefings from town staff over probable or actual litigation.
Town Council meets with the Warren County Board of Supervisors and representatives of the Front Royal Limited Partnership at 7 p.m. Thursday in the county government center.
The Transportation Committee meets at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The Social Services Board meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
The Handley Regional Library Board meets at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Winchester Regional Airport Authority meets at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The Frederick County Sanitation Authority meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Finance Committee holds its regular meeting and work session at 8 a.m. Wednesday.
The Winchester-Frederick County Metropolitan Planning Organization meets at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
The Tourism Board meets at 8 a.m. Thursday.
Town Council holds committee meetings beginning at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
The Historic Preservation Commission meets at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The Public Safety Committee meets at 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The Water and Sewer Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, followed by the Public Works Committee at 6 p.m. and the Newtown Heritage Festival Committee at 7 p.m.
The Frederick County School Board will meet in the adminstraiton building at 7 p.m. Tuesday. A public hearing will take place on the proposed fiscal year 2014 budget.