The following public meetings will be held this week:
The Board of Supervisors holds a work session at 4 p.m. Thursday. The board plans to:
- Discuss a tax exemption request for Shenandoah Valley Teen Challenge Inc.
- Consider advertising a public hearing on the Virginia Department of Transportation's Six-Year Road Plan
- Revisit and discuss the Sheriff's Office staffing study conducted by the Matrix Consulting Group
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council holds a work session at 6 p.m. Monday. Council plans to interview applicants for vacancies on the Board of Zoning Appeals. Council then will discuss ordinance amendments pertaining to state motor vehicle laws and to rates for water, sewer and trash collection. Members also plan to hear department overviews for the proposed fiscal 2014 budget. Council will discuss the community development resource position.
Council will hold a special meeting following the work session. Council plans to go into closed session to discuss acquisition of property.
The Local Emergency Planning Committee meets at 3 p.m. Wednesday.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The commission plans to hold public hearings on:
- A proposal to establish a new agricultural and forestal district containing more than 400 acres of land in the Stonewall Magisterial District, straddling Old Charlston Road to the north and south, Opequon Creek to the east and Slate Lane to the west.
- A proposal to increase the size of the South Timber Ridge Agricultural and Forestal District by approximately 268.5 acres in the Gainesboro Magisterial District, along Hollow Road to the north, Muse and Gold Orchard roads to the east.
The commission also plans to discuss a proposed revision to the county's rural preservation lot requirements to allow divisions to existing rural preservation tracts that have been recorded.
County offices are closed Friday for the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival. The Frederick County landfill closes at noon Friday.