The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Board of Supervisors meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday. Supervisors plan to consider a resolution to adopt the 2012 Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan and an amendment to the county code pertaining to the conservation easement program.
Supervisors also plan to:
- Discuss with Sheriff Timothy Carter an appropriation using asset forfeiture money
- Consider holding a public hearing on a tax exemption request from Shenandoah County Teen Challenge Inc.
- Consider an appropriation request to the schools
- Consider accepting two easements totaling 313 acres on Pleasantdale Farm near Woodstock
- Consider a resolution recognizing Endurance Run Week and celebrating the 35th annual running of the Old Dominion 100 Mile One Day Endurance Run
- Consider a proclamation observing May 2013 as Ruritan Awareness Month
- Consider holding a public hearing to grant an easement to Shentel along County Farm property along Tea Berry Road, Maurertown
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday to hold a public hearing on the proposed fiscal 2014 budget. Council convenes its regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. where it plans to hear reports from committees and agencies. Council plans to consider an amendment to the town code pertaining to vehicles and traffic; an amendment to the current fiscal budget; and a resolution to adopt the 2012 Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan.
Council also plans to:
- Consider a resolution to set the percentage of relief from the personal property tax for qualifying vehicles
- Adopt the audit for the year ending June 30, 2012
- Discuss the proposed budget for fiscal 2014
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to hold a public hearing on the proposed budget for fiscal 2014.
Town Council holds a special meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Council plans to hold a public hearing on the proposed fiscal 2014 budget, including tax and utility rates and fees.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to hold a public hearing on the proposed fiscal 2014 budget and tax and utility rates and fees.
Council also will consider a proposed vacation of the right of way on Stickley Street, near the intersection with Washington Street. Members will consider proposed resolutions for the adoption of the Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan and a new policy for collecting fees for certain services.
Council then plans to hold a closed session to receive consultation from legal counsel and briefings from staff or consultants related to actual or probably litigation; and to discuss a personnel matter.
The Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday at the community center, 538 Villa Ave.
The Warren County Airport Commission meets at 7 p.m. Monday.
The Board of Supervisors holds a work session at 6 p.m. Tuesday. Supervisors plan to see a presentation on Energov Software used for building inspections.
The Front Royal Golf Club Advisory Committee meets at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Front Royal Golf Club.
The Department of Social Services Advisory Board meets at 4 p.m. Thursday at 912 Warren Ave.
The Front Royal-Warren County Liaison Committee meets at 6 p.m. Thursday in the town administration building.
Town Council holds its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to consider a rezoning application from the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1860 as part of the organization's intent to hold a flea market on its property. Council also plans to consider making a recommendation to the circuit court for an appointment to the Board of Zoning Appeals. Council will go into closed session to discuss property acquisition and to consult with legal counsel on annexation.
The Comprehensive Plans and Programs Committee meets at 7 p.m. Monday.
The Parks and Recreation Committee meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The Finance Committee meets at 8 a.m. Wednesday.
The Winchester-Frederick County Metropolitan Planning Organization meets at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
The Tourism Board meets at 8 a.m. Thursday.
Winchester Regional Airport Authority meets at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday.