The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Tourism Council meets at noon Tuesday at the Woodstock CafÃ©.
The Conservation Easement Authority meets at 4 p.m. Tuesday in the county government center. The board plans to:
- Hear an update on the Pleasantdale Farm easements
- See a presentation on a potential easement for a 90-acre farm near Columbia Furnace
- Receive an update on authority outreach and fundraising
- Discuss the costs to the county for various land uses
- Review county development plans
The Citizens Advisory Council meets at 5 p.m. Wednesday. The panel plans to review county actions from recent meetings of the Board of Supervisors. The council also plans to work on an update of the county code pertaining to transportation. A Virginia Department of Transportation representative will give a presentation about state transportation
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Council plans to consider taking action on amending the zoning ordinance pertaining to off-street parking regulation. Council also plans to consider an ordinance to incorporate amended state traffic laws with the town code.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to recognize the Strasburg Volunteer Rescue Squad. Council then will consider taking action on:
- A proposed ordinance to vacate a section of Stickley Street
- Proposed revisions to the personnel policies manual
- The acquisition of an easement between Madison Heights and Crystal Hill subdivisions to construct a water line
- The proposed fiscal 2014 budget
- The proposed resolution to set contribution rates by town staff who participate in the Virginia Retirement System
Council also will hear an update on the Queen Street project and plan to discuss the policy and procedure for reviewing the town manager’s salary. Council then plans to go into closed session to discuss competing proposals submitted through the Public-Private Educational Facilities and Infrastructure Act related to upgrades for the town’s wastewater treatment plant.
Town Council and the Park Commission hold a joint meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday. The panels plan to discuss the design for the W.O. Riley Park. Mark Lieberth, from Land Planning & Design Associates, will present design considerations for the project.
The Board of Supervisors holds a special meeting at 1 p.m. Tuesday. The board plans to go into closed session to consult with legal counsel on probable litigation involving the acquisition of property for public use and operation.
The Board of Supervisors holds its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday. The board will hear a report on the Building Inspections Department management study. The board also plans to discuss a finance plan for the Leach Run Parkway and second middle school projects.
Supervisors will hold public hearings at 7:30 p.m. on the following:
- A proposed change to county code to require a $100 fee with written applications to put on public fireworks displays and that all displays be in accordance with select provisions of state and national fire prevention codes
- A proposed ordinance to amend county code to allow a non-conforming deck attached to a single-family dwelling to be reconstructed within two years of destruction or removal
- A request by Christendom College to modify a conditional-use permit
Supervisors also will consider a request to buy a ladder truck for Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company 10. The board will consider a contract to design the expansion of the parking lot for the Health and Human Services complex.
Supervisors plan to go into closed session to discuss an appointment to the Community Policy and Management Team and legal matters, specifically the U.S. 340-522 North Corridor.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday for a work session. Discussion topics include:
- The Front Royal Limited Partnership annexation proposal
- Costs for the Happy Creek Trail project
- An ordinance pertaining to taxi regulations
- Renewal of a lease with Comcast and an agreement on pole attachments
- Electric fees for special events
- Environmental unfunded mandates
Council also plans to go into closed session to discuss the community development consultant and to consult with legal counsel pertaining to annexation.
The Board of Zoning Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Monday. The board plans to elect officers and discuss the panel’s bylaws. The board also will discuss training for members.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The panel plans to take action on a zoning permit application for a roof replacement at 606 N. Royal Ave., between 7-Eleven and Taco Bell. The building lay outside the historic district but is a remnant of Hotel Royal.
The Social Services Board meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
The Handley Regional Library Board meets at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Frederick County Sanitation Authority meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Frederick County School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The commission plans to hold public hearings on:
- An ordinance amendment to revise and update the county zoning regulations, specifically entrance spacing requirements for motor vehicle access
- An ordinance amendment to allow divisions to existing rural preservation tracts already recorded
The Tourism Board meets at 8 a.m. Thursday.
The Winchester Regional Airport Authority meets at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council holds committee meetings at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Print This Article