Public meetings Aug. 12-16
The Board of Supervisors meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday. The board plans to:
- Consider a memorandum of agreement with the New Market Fire and Rescue Department for emergency medical services insurance billing program
- Hear a report from the Sheriff’s Office regarding school resources officers and a 3 percent cost-of-living increase by the state compensation board
- Consider a resolution designating property owned by Shenandoah Valley Teen Challenge as tax exempt
- Discuss a memorandum of agreement between the Shenandoah County Board of Supervisors and the School Board regarding the use of facilities
- Consider holding a public hearing on an amendment to the ordinance setting the adoption fees for the animal shelter
- Consider holding a public hearing on changes to fees for the geographical information system
- Consider a request to set up a certificate of deposit to serve as collateral to First Bank for the line of credit for employee technology purchases
- Consider a request to send a letter to the Virginia Retirement System asking for an extension to decide whether to opt out of the Local Disability Program
- Consider a special entertainment permit for the annual Germanfest set for Sept. 14
- Consider a letter of support to the U.S. Forest Service to acquire private land
The Water Resources Advisory Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to discuss a proposal by Shentel to upgrade the town office’s Internet access. Council also plans to meet in closed session to discuss a personnel matter.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to hear reports from officers and committees and give recognition to Rebecca Andrews, salutatorian for Strasburg High School. Council also plans to consider a resolution for the purchase of vehicles and an amendment to the current fiscal budget. Council will then meet in closed session to hear from staff on their recommendation of a proposal submitted to the town for the upgrade on the wastewater treatment plant.
The Planning Commission and Ordinance Committee hold a joint meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday. The panels plan to discuss a unified development ordinance.
The Front Royal Golf Club Advisory Committee meets at 10 a.m. Thursday.
The Department of Social Services Advisory Board meets at 4 p.m. Thursday. The meeting was rescheduled from July.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plan to hold a public meeting to receive input on a boundary line adjustment proposed by the Front Royal Limited Partnership. Council also plans to consider:
- Changes to the town code pertaining to prohibited discharge standards
- A Boys Scouts of America Eagle Scout project at the downtown gazebo area
- Awarding a contract for engineering and design for the Leach Run Parkway
Council then plans to meet in closed session to discuss a public contract
The Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The Board of Supervisors meets in closed session at 6 p.m. Wednesday to discuss the evaluation of the county administrator. The board convenes its regular meeting in open session at 7 p.m. The board plans to hold public hearings on:
- An outdoor festival permit requested by Belle Grove Plantation to host the Belle Grove Wine Festival at 336 Belle Grove Road, Middletown, from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sept. 7
- An outdoor festival permit requested by Monica Smith and Team Scrub for the Relay for Life Motorcycle Show and Ride at Grove’s Winchester Harley-Davidson, 140 Independence Drive, Winchester, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 28.
- An outdoor festival permit request by Concern Hotline to host the 14th Annual Friday Fish Fry at Grove’s Winchester Harley-Davidson, from 4 p.m.-9 p.m. on Sept. 6
- An ordinance to amend the county code to defer payback of rollback taxes on special real estate assessments until the property use changes rather than at the time the zoning classification changes
- An ordinance to amend the county code to make it unlawful for any person to park a vehicle on a street or highway without displaying a current state license or inspection sticker
- A conditional-use permit requested by Verizon Wireless and the Bertha McIlwee Trust to build a 195-foot communications tower and equipment shelter at 2250 Back Mountain Road in the Back Creek Magisterial District
- A conditional-use permit requested by Tracy Alt that would increase the allowable number of children to be cared for at any one time at the in-home family day care facility at 110 O’Brien’s Circle in the Red Bud Magisterial District
- A request submitted by Greywolfe Inc. to rezone 14.53 acres of property on Martinsburg Pike near Cedar Hill Road from rural to business use
- An amendment to the 2013-2014 Capital Improvement Plan to add a new county/school board administration building located in the Urban Development Area
- An ordinance amendment to the county code to allow temporary family health care structures as a permitted use in certain zoning districts
The Board also plans to discuss the master development plan for the Shenandoah project.
The Tourism Board meets at 8 a.m. Thursday.
The Winchester Regional Airport Authority meets at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to make appointments to fill two seats.
The Administrative Committee meets at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
The Newtown Heritage Festival Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.