Public meetings Aug. 19-23
The Tourism Council meets at noon Tuesday at the Woodstock CafÃ©, 117 S. Main St. The panel plans to discuss the artisan trail and a spring event.
The Board of Zoning Appeals meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday in the Arthur L. Hildreth Jr. Municipal Building, 9418 John Sevier Road.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday in Town Hall, 174 E. King St. Council plans to discuss a proposal to rezone approximately 92 acres of land near Strasburg from agriculture to general industrial use. The county also has requested a letter addressing water and sewer service from the town. Council also plans to review a proposed ordinance that outlines a new policy related to false alarm calls and modifications to parking fines.
Town Council committees meet beginning at 6 p.m. Monday at 135 N. Main St. The Water and Sewer Committee plans to consider a recommendation for service on Hollingsworth Road outside town limits; and updates on exploration of potential well sites and a dam safety grant. The Personnel Committee plans to meet in closed session at 6:30 p.m. to discuss appointments to the Planning Commission.
The Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the government center at 220 N. Commerce Ave., Front Royal. Supervisors plan to:
- Award a contract for the government center interior renovation project
- Accept a bid of $61,817 from Carroll Construction Company to pave several roads in the Shenandoah Farms Sanitary District as part of the Rural Addition/Revenue Sharing Project
- Approve a resolution requesting that the Virginia Department of Transportation expedite the Morgan Ford Bridge replacement project
- Repay Shenandoah Mobile Company $15,646 as a result of an erroneous assessment in its 2011 personal property tax
- Purchase seven Stryker Stair Pro Chairs for the Department of Fire and Rescue Services for $3,428 from the cost-recovery/special project funds
- Accept a donation of an ambulance to Keplinger Repair Service in exchange for certain equipment and mounting on a 2012 Smeal aerial ladder truck
Supervisors plan to hold public hearings at 7:30 p.m. on:
- A request to amend the county zoning map and rezone 4.95 acres from residential to agricultural use
- A conditional-use permit for private camping
- A conditional-use permit for a boarding kennel
Supervisors then expect to take action on an award of contract to Pennoni Associates Inc. for the engineering services for Leach Run Parkway. The board also may approve a voluntary settlement agreement for the annexation of 604 acres owned by the Front Royal Limited Partnership into town limits. Supervisors plan to meet in closed session to discuss the acquisition of property.
The Finance and Personnel Committee of the Rappahannock-Shenandoah-Warren Regional Jail Authority Board meets at noon Thursday in the government center. The Transition Committee meets at 1 p.m. The full board meets at 2 p.m.
The Anti-Litter Council meets at 4 p.m. Thursday in the government center.
The School Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the government center.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday in the administration building at 102 E. Main St. Council plans to:
- Receive a preliminary presentation on the water loop study from Pennoni Inc.
- Discuss the renewal of a cooperative agreement with the Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission through the HOME Program
- Discuss a proposal for the town to opt out of the state’s local disability coverage program,
- Discuss proposed building inspections software
- Meet in closed session to discuss the evaluation of the town manager
The Public Safety Committee meets at 8:30 a.m. Monday at the Public Safety Building, 1080 Coverstone Drive, Winchester.
The Public Works Committee meets at 8 a.m. Tuesday in the county administration building at 107 N. Kent St.. The committee plans meet in closed session to discuss and review the unsolicited proposal for the design and construction of a new county office complex on the Russell 150 property off U.S. 522.
The Social Services Board meets at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The Handley Regional Library Board meets at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Sanitation Authority meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The School Board holds its regular meeting at 3 p.m. Monday at the administration building, 1415 Amherst St., Winchester.
The Winchester-Frederick County Metropolitan Planning Organization board meets at 10 a.m. Wednesday in the county government center.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the government center. The commission plans to hold a public hearing on a request by Painter-Lewis PLC to rezone 51.26 acres from rural areas to 46.26 acres of residential performance and five acres of general business with proffers for the Madison Village project, located on the west side of U.S. 522 and south of the intersection with Airport Road. The commission also plans to discuss proposed changes to the zoning ordinance to increase the maximum heights in the districts zoned for extractive manufacturing, light industrial and general industrial; and to update the transfer-of-development rights density rights table to include a provision for contiguous lots and conversion rate for rural to urban transfers.
The Finance Committee meets at 8 a.m. Thursday in the government center. A joint meeting of the committee and the Board of Supervisors will follow at 9:15 a.m. with presentations by outside agencies.
The Conservation Easement Authority meets at 8 a.m. Thursday in the government center. The board plans to hear updates on activities by the Potomac Conservancy and the Shenandoah County authority.
Town Council holds its committee meetings beginning at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 7875 Church St.
The Historic Preservation Commission meets at 5 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 1033 Locust St.
The Water and Sewer Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, followed by the Public Works Committee at 6 p.m., in Town Hall.