Public meetings for Aug. 5-9
The following public meetings will be held this week:
The School Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Town Council committees meet beginning at 6:30 p.m. Monday. The Tourism, Economic Development and Historic Preservation Committee plans to discuss the Streetscape Phase II lighting issue. The Public Works Committee plans to discuss and consider two potential pedestrian improvement projects and a related revenue-sharing application. The first project calls for the installation of sidewalks or paths between U.S. 11 and an eastern end at either the Life Care facility or at E. Old Cross Road. The second proposed project calls for the creation of a sidewalk or path along the narrowest portion of Click’s Lane between U.S. 11 and Fairway Drive/Woodbine Way.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to discuss:
- A proposed amendment to the current budget seeking to move funds from part-time wages to full-time wages and vehicle payments
- A proposed resolution authorizing the town to borrow money to buy vehicles
- Potential topics for the next council fall retreat
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to hear special reports by the Woodstock Enhancement Committee and the Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission. Council also plans to consider:
- A recommendation for the request from St. John Bosco Catholic Church for a special-use permit to conduct church-related services at 127 W. North St.
- A recommendation for a first reading of an ordinance to rezone 343 W. Spring St., owned by Rockingham Cooperative, from medium density residential to light industrial use
- A resolution pertaining to the 2013 Virginia Department of Health, Office of Drinking Water, planning grant for the Woodstock Waterworks Diversification Project
- A request by Larry and Peggy Sue Stickley for the vacation of part the unimproved Hughes Street
- A notice of award for the W.O. Riley Park Tennis Court renovation project
The Board of Supervisors meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday. The board plans to hear reports from several agencies and departments. Supervisors plan to consider a proposed revision to the by-laws of the Warren County Airport Commission. The board also plans to convene in closed session to discuss the acquisition of real property for public purposes and a legal matter concerning the U.S. 340-522 North Corridor. Following the regular meeting the board will hold a work session to discuss:
- The Front Royal Limited Partnership boundary adjustment request
- Building inspections software
- A proposed change in the county code pertaining to license tax for peddlers
- A request by Front Royal for a joint meeting with Town Council and a facilitator on the U.S. 340-522 North Corridor
- A draft of an agreement for lighting on the South Fork Bridge
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The commission plans to hold a public hearing on a request for a variance from the subdivision requirements to allow three lots on Freezeland Road in the Greystone Heights subdivision, to be served by a private access easement where the boundaries of the parent parcel are different that they existed as of Feb. 25, 1981. This variance is proposed in order to re-subdivide and consolidate the existing lots in order for the applicant to build one additional home on the remaining 23 acres. The commission also plans to consider setting for public hearing:
- A request by D.R. Horton Inc. to amend the existing proffers for rezoning and to modify an existing conditional-use permit to allow for an increase in the total number of dwelling units from 225 to 300, with 195 being age-restricted, in a portion of the Blue Ridge Shadows subdivision off U.S. 340-522 North.
- A request by Dulles Industries for a conditional-use permit for a facility for a heavy drilling equipment repair business and contractor’s storage yard at 5210 Strasburg Road
- A request by Front Royal Christian School for a conditional-use permit for a private school at 391 Fishnet Boulevard
- A request by Stuart M. Perry Inc. to modify the county zoning ordinance to add “Batch Mix Asphalt Plant” to the list of uses allowed by conditional-use permit in the industrial zoning district
The School Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.
The Urban Forestry Advisory Commission meets at 5 p.m. in the Town Hall Conference Room.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to:
- Hear a presentation by Nicki Lynch on hours of operation for the Samuels Public Library
- Hear a presentation by Dave Reeves of Prism Contractor and Engineering
- Discuss job reclassification in the police department
- Continue its discussion of the Leach Run Parkway and to award the design contract to Pennoni Associates Inc.
- Discuss a resolution to ask the Environmental Protection Agency to prioritize its review of the Avtex site release
- Council also plans to meet in closed session to discuss a prospective business and consult with legal counsel on annexation.
The Public Works Committee meets at 8 a.m Tuesday.
The Technical Advisory Committee of the Metropolitan Planning Organization meets at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
A joint Finance Committee meeting is scheduled for 8 a.m. Wednesday.
The Technology Committee meets at 8:15 a.m. Wednesday.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Print This Article