Public meetings Sept. 3-6
By Alex Bridges
The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Board of Supervisors holds a work session at 4 p.m. Thursday. Supervisors plan to discuss:
- Staffing the Strasburg Volunteer Rescue Squad by the Shenandoah County Fire and Rescue career staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Emergency medical services billing for the Woodstock Rescue Squad
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Thursday. The commission plans to hold public hearings on:
- A special-use permit requested by Robert Dierhling Jr. and Robert Dierhling Sr. to operate a small-engine repair business from a private garage at 535 Habron Hollow Road, Fort Valley, approximately Â¼ mile from Saint Davids Church Road
- A staff-initiated request to rezone 91.877 acres at 1095 Oranda Road near Orndorff Road and Timberlake Road from agriculture to general industrial to establish a large, contiguous site for future use by an industry or manufacturing facility.
- The commission also plans to review a site plan for a proposed warehouse. The commission also will hear a report concerning the proposed growth area of Toms Brook
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Town Council holds a work session at 6 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to discuss:
- Specific issues in the proposed Unified Development Ordinance, including the historic district and density and design rules for future residential development
- A proposed amendment to the current fiscal budget that would move funds from part-time to full-time wages and vehicle payments
- A proposed revision to an ordinance outlining a new policy on false-alarm calls and modifications to parking fines
- Council then plans to hold public hearings beginning at 7 p.m. on the budget amendment and the matter concerning false-alarm calls and parking fines.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to hear reports from the Woodstock Enhancement Committee and the Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission. Council also plans to consider:
- An extension of water and sewer service to Hollingsworth Road
- A graphic design for the water tank
- A second reading of an ordinance to rezone 343 W. Spring St., owned by Rockingham Cooperative, from Medium Density Residential District to Light Industrial District
- A second reading of an ordinance amendment to the town code section pertaining to fine art
- Approval of the 4th Annual Turkey Trot Fun 5K-10K Run/Walk & Teeny K for Nov. 23 by Regulus Group LLC to benefit Response
- Approval of the Strategic Plan, “Our Focus on the Future,” 2013-2018
The Board of Supervisors meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday. The board plans to consider a proposal to hire Springsted Inc. to provide consulting services for a review of the [U.S.] Route 340/522 North Corridor Agreement. Supervisors also plan to meet in closed session to discuss an appointment to the Board of Building Code Appeals because Shenandoah District representative Dan Hotek’s term expires Sept. 30. Supervisors will hold a work session after the regular meeting to discuss town-county liaison committee items and the development of a uniform accounting system and formula for allocating funds to the fire departments.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to discuss:
- The town’s requirement for a 15-foot buffer between commercial and residential property
- An update by the Information Technology Department on efforts to implement Virtual Desktop Interfacing into the town computer network
- A commercial driver’s license requirement for non-driving employees in the Solid Waste Division of the Department of Energy Services
- A proposal to change a town code section pertaining to deer management plan to wildlife management plan
- A resolution pertaining to talks with Warren County on the U.S. 522-340 North Corridor
- Council plans to meet in closed session to discuss the town manager’s evaluation.
The Technical Advisory Committee of the Metropolitan Planning Organization meets at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
The Technology Committee meets at 8:15 a.m. Wednesday.
The Winchester-Frederick County Economic Development Commission meets at 8 a.m. Friday.
The Human Resources Committee meets at 8 a.m. Friday.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Print This Article