Public meetings for Sept. 16-20
The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Tourism Council meets at noon Tuesday at the Woodstock CafÃ©, 117 S. Main St.
The Board of Zoning Appeals meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday. The board plans to hold a public hearing on a request by Archie J. Gordon for a variance in the county zoning ordinance regulations pertaining to the side-yard setback requirement for a proposed addition to a structure at 76 Laurel Hill Way, Lebanon Church.
The Citizens Advisory Committee meets Wednesday.
The Water Resources Advisory Committee meets Thursday.
The Tourism, Economic Development and Historic Preservation Committee holds a special meeting at 6:45 p.m. Monday. The committee plans to consider applications for funds through the town’s faÃ§ade enhancement grant program.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Council plans to discuss and consider action on:
- An amendment to the current fiscal budget
- Street lighting for the second phase of the streetscape project
- A resolution concerning the town’s application for funding through the Virginia Department of Transportation’s revenue sharing program
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to discuss proposed vehicle purchases for the police and public work departments. Council also plans to discuss specific issues with the proposed unified development ordinance, including the application review process. Council will then meet in closed session to discuss the acquisition or disposition of real property.
The Planning Commission holds a joint work session with the Ordinance Committee at 6 p.m. Tuesday. The panels plan to discuss revisions to the zoning and subdivision regulations as part of the ongoing work on the unified development ordinance.
The Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday. The board plans to hold public hearings at 7:30 p.m. on:
- A proposed ordinance to vacate a 0.485-portion of an easement for public recreation and boating access at 43 Stoney Bottom Road in the Fork Magisterial District
- A subdivision variance for Michael and Paige Pinson
- A conditional-use permit for a heavy drilling equipment repair business and contractor’s storage yard requested by Dulles Industries
- A conditional-use permit requested by Front Royal Christian School for a private school
Supervisors plan to meet in closed session to discuss the disposition of property and a legal matter regarding the terms of the Route 340-522 North Corridor Agreement.
The Front Royal Golf Club Advisory Committee meets at 10 a.m. Thursday at the club.
The Department of Social Services Advisory Board meets at 4 p.m. Thursday at 912 Warren Ave.
The Front Royal-Warren County Liaison Committee meets at 6 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to discuss:
- An update on sites for a new police department headquarters
- A waiver of the water meter charge requested by Old Dominion Industrial
- A change in the employee handbook regarding the requirement of a commercial drivers license for staff hired after March 11
- Opportunities for businesses and aesthetic improvements through tax-incentives zones
- The creation of a building inspections office
- The acceptance of water and sewer facilities for the county public safety building into the town’s service
- Council also plans to meet in closed session to discuss investment of public funds and to receive legal advice.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The commission plans to review a building site development plan, submitted by DEED Enterprises Inc., for the demolition of the existing building at 1718 N. Shenandoah Ave., and the construction of two new buildings on the property, consisting of a Popeye’s Restaurant and a speculative, commercial building. The commission also plans to hold a work session after the regular meeting to discuss the special projects priority list.
The Social Services Board meets at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The Board of Zoning Appeals meets at 3:25 p.m. Tuesday.
The Handley Regional Library Board meets at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Frederick County Sanitation Authority Board meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The Metropolitan Planning Organization board meets at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The commission plans to hold a public hearing on a request by Greenway Engineering Inc. to rezone 55.46 acres of property on the south side of Berryville Pike (Va. 7) near the Valley Mill Road intersection.
The Tourism Board meets at 8 a.m. Thursday.
The Winchester Regional Airport Authority Board meets at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council holds committee meetings beginning at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The Historic Preservation Committee meets at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The Town Council Water and Sewer Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, followed by the Public Works Committee at 6 p.m.
The Newtown Heritage Festival Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.\