Public meetings Sept. 9-13
The following meetings are scheduled this week:
The Board of Supervisors meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday. The board plans to hold public hearings on:
- Proposed changes to the animal shelter fees
- Proposed changes to fees charged by the county for geographic information system services
Supervisors also plan to consider approval of a special-event permit for the annual Civilian Military Combine at Bryce Resort set for Oct. 12; a deed of correction with the Virginia Department of Transportation for Borden Mowery Drive and a public hearing on a request to grant an easement to Shentel along property on Landfill Road in Edinburg.
The School Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday. The meeting agenda was not available Friday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to consider an ordinance and resolution allowing for the restructuring of the town’s Virginia General Obligation Bond held by Shenandoah Telephone Company.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Monday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council may take action on proposed changes to the town code concerning false alarm calls and parking fines. Council also plans to meet in closed session to discuss the acquisition or disposition of property.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.
The Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. at the Warren County Community Center, 538 Villa Ave., Front Royal.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The commission plans to hold public hearings on:
- A request by Dulles Industries for a conditional-use permit to operate a repair business for heavy drilling equipment and a contractor’s storage yard at 5210 Strasburg Road
- A request by Front Royal Christian School for a conditional-use permit to run a private school at 391 Fishnet Blvd.
- A request by Stuart M. Perry Inc. to modify a section of the county zoning ordinance to add “batch mix asphalt plant” to the list of uses allowed by conditional-use permit in the industrial zoning district
The commission then plans to consider setting public hearings for:
- A request by William Long for a conditional-use permit to operate a commercial auto repair at 6768 Winchester Road
- A request by Stuart M. Perry Inc. for a conditional-use permit to operate a batch mix asphalt plant at 1111 Riverton Road
The commission will discuss a final site-plan for an entrance to Shenandoah Motors at 9015 Winchester Road and request to reduce the front setback requirement in the highway corridor overlay district.
The School Board holds a work session at 6 p.m. Thursday to discuss design considerations for the new middle school. The board then holds its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Agenda items for the regular meeting include:
- Approval of the division’s crisis management and emergency response plans
- Approval of the design for the new middle school
- An instructional report
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday. A meeting agenda was not available on the town’s website Friday.
The Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. Monday. The board plans to hold public hearings on:
- An outdoor festival permit request from the Cedar Creek Battlefield Foundation for the reenactment of the Battle of Cedar Creek scheduled for 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Oct. 20 and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 21 at 8437 Valley Pike, Middletown.
- An amendment to the county’s current budget to reflect a supplemental appropriation of $4,437,906 to the airport capital fund
Supervisors plan to discuss:
- A conditional-use permit requested by Verizon Wireless and the Bertha McIlwee Trust for a 195-foot communications tower and equipment shelter at 2250 Back Mountain Road
- Proposed changes to height requirements in districts zoned for extractive manufacturing, light industrial and industrial general
- Revisions to the transfer of development rights
The Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday.