The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday. The board plans to consider:
- A resolution approving a cost-sharing project with VDOT on behalf of New Market
- A resolution to add Friendship Court to the secondary system of state highways
- A re-appropriation request of the Sheriff's Office for funds to buy a trained tracking dog
- An ordinance designating property owned by the Edinburg Heritage Foundation as exempt from real estate taxes
- An easement along county property on Landfill Road for Shenandoah Telephone to install a telephone cable
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Council plans to discuss and consider:
- Development of a part-time staff position for the marketing and promotion of New Market
- Vacating a utility right-of way in exchange for a water line easement to accommodate the construction of a new building at 212 E. Old Cross Road proposed by KDE Electric LLC
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to meet in closed session to discuss an agreement under negotiation for upgrades to the wastewater treatment plant.
The Architectural Review Board meets at 5 p.m. Thursday. The board plans to discuss:
- An application for a sign at 130 N. Massanutten St.
- An application to build a front porch at 425 Stover Ave.
The Finance Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday to discuss:
- Participation in the Virginia Local Disability Program with the Virginia Retirement System or an alternative program
- A proposal for review of the town's personnel policies and procedures handbook and classification and pay plans
- Collection of refuse and recycling for small business offices in town
- Appropriation of police department asset forfeiture funds
- Appropriation of Virginia State Non-Arbitrage Program loan funds for the purchase of a pump at the wastewater treatment plant
- A write-off for 2007 aged and uncollectible personal property taxes and utilities fees
The Development Review Committee meets at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The Finance and Personnel Committee of the Rappahanock-Shenandoah-Warren Regional Jail Authority meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursday, followed by the Transition Committee at 1 p.m. The full board of the authority meets at 2 p.m.
The Anti-Litter Council meets at 4 p.m. Thursday.
The School Board meets at 6 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to hold a work session following the meeting to discuss:
- A request to waive curb and gutter requirements for reconstruction of 437 Overlook Drive
- Annual write-offs for taxes and utility bills
- The purchase of a sludge press
- An ordinance to repeal fireworks display permits
- Commercial drivers license requirements for employees in the Solid Waste Department
- The third renewal of a Shenandoah Personal Communications tower lease agreement
- The revision of the town logo
The Public Works Committee meets at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
The Development Review and Regulations Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday. The committee plans to discuss potential revisions to master development plan requirements in the zoning ordinance as recommended by the Business Friendly Committee.
Town Council holds committee meetings beginning at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The Parks and Recreation Committee meets at 5 p.m. Monday.
The Finance Committee meets at 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The Planning Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. Thursday