Public meetings Oct. 21-25
The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday. The board plans to consider:
- A resolution approving a cost-sharing project with VDOT on behalf of New Market
- A resolution to add Friendship Court to the secondary system of state highways
- A re-appropriation request of the Sheriff’s Office for funds to buy a trained tracking dog
- An ordinance designating property owned by the Edinburg Heritage Foundation as exempt from real estate taxes
- An easement along county property on Landfill Road for Shenandoah Telephone to install a telephone cable
Supervisors also plan to discuss a request for staffing the Strasburg Volunteer Rescue Squad 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The board also may consider scheduling a public hearing for a Virginia Department of Transportation grant to continue funding of the Fishers Hill Battlefield Vally Pike Project. Supervisors then plan to meet in closed session to discuss appointments to the Agriculture and Forestal District and the Shenandoah Valley Partnership.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Council plans to discuss and consider:
- Development of a part-time staff position for the marketing and promotion of New Market
- Vacating a utility right-of way in exchange for a water line easement to accommodate the construction of a new building at 212 E. Old Cross Road proposed by KDE Electric LLC
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to meet in closed session to discuss an agreement under negotiation for upgrades to the wastewater treatment plant.
The Architectural Review Board meets at 5 p.m. Thursday. The board plans to discuss:
- An application for a sign at 130 N. Massanutten St.
- An application to build a front porch at 425 Stover Ave.
The Finance Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday to discuss:
- Participation in the Virginia Local Disability Program with the Virginia Retirement System or an alternative program
- A proposal for review of the town’s personnel policies and procedures handbook and classification and pay plans
- Collection of refuse and recycling for small business offices in town
- Appropriation of police department asset forfeiture funds
- Appropriation of Virginia State Non-Arbitrage Program loan funds for the purchase of a pump at the wastewater treatment plant
- A write-off for 2007 aged and uncollectible personal property taxes and utilities fees
The Street Committee meets after the Finance Committee and plans to discuss the West North Street wall project.
The Development Review Committee meets at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The Finance and Personnel Committee of the Rappahanock-Shenandoah-Warren Regional Jail Authority meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursday, followed by the Transition Committee at 1 p.m. The full board of the authority meets at 2 p.m.
The Anti-Litter Council meets at 4 p.m. Thursday.
The School Board meets at 6 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to hold a work session following the meeting to discuss:
- A request to waive curb and gutter requirements for reconstruction of 437 Overlook Drive
- Annual write-offs for taxes and utility bills
- The purchase of a sludge press
- An ordinance to repeal fireworks display permits
- Commercial drivers license requirements for employees in the Solid Waste Department
- The third renewal of a Shenandoah Personal Communications tower lease agreement
- The revision of the town logo
Council then plans to meet in closed session to discuss personnel matters related to the Board of Architectural Review and the Urban Forest Advisory Commission.
The Public Works Committee meets at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
The Development Review and Regulations Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday. The committee plans to discuss potential revisions to master development plan requirements in the zoning ordinance as recommended by the Business Friendly Committee.
Town Council holds committee meetings beginning at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The Parks and Recreation Committee meets at 5 p.m. Monday.
The Finance Committee meets at 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The Planning Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. Thursday