Public meetings Oct. 28-Nov. 1
The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Town Council Infrastructure Committee meets at 5 p.m. Monday. The committee plans to go into closed session to discuss proposals for upgrades to the town wastewater treatment facility.
The Personnel and Finance Committee meets at 7 p.m. Monday.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Warren County Government Center. Council plans to consider:
- A budget amendment to allow the wastewater treatment plant to buy a rotary fan press from the town of Round Hill for $260,000
- An amendment to the employee handbook regarding commercial drivers license requirements for some workers in the Solid Waste Department
- A revision to the resolution pertaining to the voluntary settlement agreement with the Front Royal Limited Partnership
- Council plans to hold a work session following the regular meeting. Members plan to discuss agreements with the county regarding sewage receiving facility and lighting for the South Fork Bridge. Council also plans to continue its discussion of a proposal to buy a second motorcycle for the police department. Council then plans to meet in closed session to discuss the disposition of the former town hall property.
The Transportation Committee meets at 8:30 a.m. Monday. The committee plans to discuss:
- An application to the Virginia Department of Transportation’s cost-sharing program to fund the Snowden Bridge Boulevard from U.S. 11 North to the bridge over the CSX Railroad line and to west of Mulburn Road
- The county’s capital improvement plan
- Updates to road construction priorities
The Public Works Committee meets at 8 a.m. Tuesday. The committee plans to:
- Review the results of the needs assessment study
- Discuss the alternative site location for the new Round Hill Fire and Rescue Station and social hall
- Updates to the stormwater management ordinance
- Discuss the impact of the Affordable Health Care Act on the status of part-time employees
Winchester and Frederick County representatives hold a joint finance committee meeting at 8 a.m. Thursday in the first-floor conference room at 107 N. Kent St. Members plan to discuss funding for outside agencies and a memorandum of understanding for the Winchester-Frederick County Economic Development Commission.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Monday.
The Planning Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.