The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Board of Supervisors meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday. The board plans to hold public hearings on:
- A request from Shenandoah Telephone Company for a 20-foot easement through county property on Landfill Road to install a telephone cable
- An ordinance to designate property owned by the Edinburg Heritage Foundation Inc. as exempt from real estate taxes. The 2013 tax on the property valued at $284,800 is $1,537.92.
The board also plans to hear an update on the landfill gas project and a report by the county study group on a processing area and arrestee transport for the regional jail. Supervisors plan to discuss and consider:
- A resolution with New Market through the Virginia Department of Transportation’s Revenue-Sharing program
- A resolution to add Friendship Court to VDOT’s secondary road system
- The Virginia Local Disability Program
- The staffing study of the sheriff’s office and 911 Communications Center
- An ordinance providing for the employment of off-duty deputy sheriffs
- An ordinance authorizing methamphetamine lab cleanup costs imposed against responsible parties
The board plans to meet in closed session to receive legal advice from the county attorney pertaining to the jurisdiction’s rights under a construction contract and to discuss the performance and assignment of a public employee.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to discuss the replacement of the town’s bucket truck and may consider a resolution requesting that eligible employees not participate in the Virginia Local Disability Program that takes effect Jan. 1.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Monday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Town Council holds its committee meetings beginning at 6:30 p.m. Monday. The Finance and Personnel Committee plans to further discuss and consider the creation of a part-time marketing and events position. Staff has suggested the town pay for the position with a 1 percent increase in the transient occupancy, or hotel tax, from 4 percent to 5 percent. The town would need to hold a public hearing before raising the levy. Also at the meeting, staff plans to update the Public Works Committee on capital projects. Staff will give an update to Public Safety Committee on regional jail and arrestee transport issue. The Tourism, Economic Development and Historic Preservation Committee will hear an update on the town website project.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to issue a proclamation commemorating Red Ribbon Week by the Shenandoah Valley Young Marines and recognize Young Marine Sgt. Jerod Corder. Council also plans to consider a resolution of support for the town’s application for additional funds for the Downtown Streetscape project.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
The Urban Forestry Commission meets at 5 p.m. Monday.
The Board of Architectural Review meets at 7 p.m. The board plans to review a certificate of appropriateness for removing one window facing Cloud Street at the Amiss building, 223 E. Main St. The board also plans to review historic district boundaries.
The Development Impact Model Oversight Committee meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday. The panel plans to review and discuss proffer expectations.
The Frederick County Sanitation Authority plans to hold a special meeting at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday to discuss H.P. Hood and the Service Authority.
The Board of Supervisors meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The board plans to hold public hearings on:
- A request by Joshua R. Nelson for an outdoor festival permit to host the Not Fade Away Festival from 5 p.m. Oct. 24 to midnight Oct. 27 at The Cove Campground, 980 Cove Road, Gore
- A proposal to borrow $5.4 million in bonds to fund additions to various elementary schools and architectural and engineering services for the construction of a replacement middle school
- A request submitted by Greenway Engineering Inc. to rezone 55.46 acres known as The Overlook on the south side of Berryville Pike and adjoining Valley Mill Road
The board also plans to discuss a resolution of intent to apply for VDOT funds for work related to The Overlook rezoning. The board plans to discuss proposed changes to height requirements in certain zoning districts.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday.
The Town Council Personnel Committee meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday.