Public meetings Nov. 11-15
The following public meetings are scheduled this week:
The Tourism Council meets at noon Tuesday at Woodstock CafÃ© & Shoppes, 117 S. Main St., Woodstock.
The Library Board meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the activity room, 514 Stoney Creek Blvd., Edinburg.
The Water Resources Advisory Committee meets at 5 p.m. Wednesday in the Board of Supervisors conference room. The committee plans to:
Decide on how the committee will advise the Board of Supervisors on the stormwater ordinance
The Conservation Easement Authority meets at 9 a.m. Thursday in the supervisors’ conference room. The panel plans to:
- Continue the discussion of revisions to the easement program ordinance
- Hear an overview on the economic benefits from agriculture and open space
- Discuss a funding request of the Board of Supervisors
The School Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at 101 Town Hall Ave. Council plans to hear reports from town staff and committees. Council plans to discuss and consider:
Appointment of Lester Layman to the Board of Zoning Appeals
Renewal of a 5-year contract for trash collection
Employee holiday gifts and party
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Town Council will hold a public hearing with the Planning Commission on the proposed Shenandoah County-Strasburg Joint Land-use Plan for the North Shenandoah Industrial and Business Park. Council then will hold a public hearing on a proposal to annex 341.398 acres in the North Shenandoah Industrial and Business Park
The Ordinance Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the municipal office to review the town code.
The Personnel Committee meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday to discuss candidates for two seats on the Economic Development Authority. The committee will hold the discussion in closed session.
The Airport Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the airport terminal.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The commission plans to hold a public hearing on a request by Donald and Judith Layman for a conditional-use permit for private-use camping on residential property on Farms Riverview Road. The commission also expects to review the site plan for the Riverton electrical substation on Va. 55 (Strasburg Road).
The School Board holds a work session at 6 p.m. Thursday to discuss the design of the new middle school auditorium. The board’s regular meeting follows at 7 p.m.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Council plans to hear reports from Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission Executive Director Martha Shickle and from town Finance Director Kim Gilkey-Breeden. Council also plans to consider a bid for installation of curb and gutter, driveway aprons and handicap ramps, as well as a request to remove a lien from property on Hillidge Street.
The Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The Board of Supervisors meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The board plans to hold public hearings on:
- A proposal to increase the maximum height for structures in districts zoned for extractive manufacturing, light and general industrial
- Revisions to zoning ordinance pertaining to transfer of development rights to include an update of the density rights table, a provision for contiguous lots and a density conversion rate for receiving properties
The board plans to consider:
- A request by the developers of Governor’s Hill to change the already approved rezoning application by revising transportation and environment proffers on the project
- A request by Carmeuse for a waiver from the height restriction on structures in the extractive-manufacturing zoning district
- A Comprehensive Policy Plan Amendment Resolution to study the McCann-Slaughter property
- A master development plan for The Townes at Tasker
The Information Technology Department holds a public meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday on the broadband access campaign. Sandie Terry, Broadband Program manager from the Center for Innovative Technology, plans to review the study and the organization’s recommendations.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The Historic Preservation Committee meets at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The Newtown Heritage Festival committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Print This Article