Public meetings Jan. 13-17
The Board of Supervisors meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the government center, 600 N. Main St. The board plans to present employee service awards, hear special presentations on the new county website and receive an update on the landfill groundwater project. Following staff and agency reports, the board will consider:
- Appointing former District 5 Supervisor Dennis Morris to the county Social Services Board and the Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission
- Addition of sheriff’s deputies as suggested by the State Compensation Board
- An annual locality agreement with the Lord Fairfax Health District
- A resolution supporting first-day introduction requirements for bills filed in the General Assembly
- Committee assignments
- Phase III of the 911 telephone system contract with L.R. Kimball Inc.
The board also plans to meet in closed session to discuss appointments to the Industrial Development Authority, the Northwestern Community Services Board, the Board of Building Code Appeals and the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at 101 Town Hall Ave. After hearing reports by committees and staff, council plans to consider on first reading an ordinance to change the chapter of the town zoning regulations pertaining to the residential district. Council then may schedule the proposed change for a public hearing.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in town hall at 5901 Main St.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in town hall at 174 E. King St. Council plans to:
- Review outstanding tax and utility payments proposed as write-offs
- Consider a resolution adopting and certifying policies and documents needed to qualify for Community Development Block Grant funding for Ash Street improvements
- Payoff of interim financing loan of $1 million for the design of the wastewater treatment plant upgrade
- Consider funding for proposed interstate signs for the visitor center
The Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday at 538 Villa Ave., Front Royal.
The Airport Commission meets at 7 p.m. Monday at the airport terminal, 229 Stokes Airport Road, Front Royal.
The Department of Social Services Advisory Board meets at 4 p.m. Thursday at 912 Warren Ave., Front Royal.
The Town/County Liaison Committee meets at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Front Royal Administration Building, 102 E. Main St.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Warren County Government Center, 220 N. Commerce Ave. Council plans to consider:
- A contract for power supply consulting services with GDS Associates
- A bid for construction of the Riverton electrical substation
- A second, five-year renewal of the water-tank site lease agreement with Virginia PCS
- A bid for purchase of water meters
- A resolution to request an amendment to the Virginia state code regarding local authority to regulate tall grass on occupied property
- Town banking services
Council will hold a public hearing on an agreement to relocate a portion of the boundary line for the Leach Run Parkway project. Council also plans to meet in closed session to discuss the disposition of town property.
The Board of Architectural Review meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the town administration building to consider a certificate of appropriateness submitted by Jennifer Lowry, of Nu Look Home Design Inc., on behalf of property owner Tim Ehlinger to replace an exterior door, transom and trim on a house. The board also plans to discuss historic district boundaries.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the county government center. The panel plans to consider an entrance-corridor review for a new, freestanding, monument-style sign for Title Max at 712 N. Royal Ave. The commission also plans to discuss recommendations regarding the final draft of “Envision Front Royal: A Vision for the Town of Front Royal, Virginia.” Following the regular meeting, the panel plans to hold a work session.
The Comprehensive Plans and Programs Committee meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the county administration building, 107 N. Kent St. The panel plans to:
- Continue its evaluation of a land-use study for the McCann-Slaughter properties and surrounding area near the intersection of Martinsburg Pike and Old Charlestown Road
- Hear an update on the work on the Southern Frederick Area Plan
The Public Safety Committee meets at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the Public Safety Building, 1080 Coverstone Drive.
The Parks and Recreation Commission meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Gainesboro Community Center, 4651 N. Frederick Pike.
The Finance Committee meets at 8 a.m. Wednesday in the county government center. The Board of Supervisors also plans to hold a budget work session at this meeting.
The Metropolitan Planning Organization meets at 10 a.m. Wednesday in the county government center.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the county government center. The panel plans to hold public hearings on:
- A conditional-use permit for a cottage occupation to run a nail salon at 114 Lakeside Drive in the Shawnee Magisterial District
- A conditional-use permit for a cottage occupation to run a public garage at 441 Red Oak Road in the Gainesboro Magisterial District
The panel also plans to discuss the 2014-2015 Capital Improvement Plan and the Public Facilities and the 2030 Comprehensive Plan.
The Tourism Board meets at 8 a.m. Thursday at the visitor center, 1400 S. Pleasant Valley Road, Winchester.
The Winchester Regional Airport Authority meets at 5 p.m. Thursday at 491 Airport Road.
The Development Impact Model Oversight Committee meets at 9 a.m. Friday in the county administration building to discuss proffer expectations.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Monday in town hall, 7875 Church St.
The Town Council Personnel Committee meets at 5 p.m. Tuesday in town hall, 1033 Locust St.
The Water and Sewer Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by the Public Works Committee at 6 p.m.
The Newtown Heritage Festival Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Print This Article