The following meetings are scheduled this week:
The Industrial Development Authority meets at 1 p.m. Monday. The board plans to meet in closed session to discuss the disposition of IDA-owned property.
The School Board holds its organizational meeting at 5 p.m. Thursday, followed by a public input work session at 5:15 p.m. The board meets in closed session at 6:30 p.m. then convenes its regular meeting in open session at 7 p.m.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Monday in town hall, 5901 Main St. The commission plans to hold public hearings on:
- An application filed by Bowman Andros Products LLC to rezone property at 10287 Old Valley Pike from residential to limited industrial use
- An application filed by Holtzman Corporation for a special-use permit for the construction of a new headquarters building at 5522 Main St.
The Planning Commission then will consider making a recommendation to council on the items in the public hearing.
The Planning Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday in town hall. The commission plans to elect officers and review its rules and bylaws.
The Public Safety and Recreation Committee of Town Council meets at 9:30 a.m. Monday. The committee will hear updates on the dog park, the skate park and policies for use of the town park.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday. Council plans to discuss:
- Information for the new year, including conduct, public meetings and communication
- The annual review of the town's utility and tax bill write-offs
- Policies and certifications for the Ash Street Community Development Block Grant project to qualify for federal funding
- A proposed timeline for the creation of the fiscal 2015 budget
- The payoff for the proposed interim-financing loan of $1 million for the wastewater treatment plant upgrade
- Funding for proposed interstate signs for the visitor center
The Ordinance Committee and the Planning Commission hold a joint work session at 6 p.m. Tuesday. The panels will review sections of the proposed Unified Development Ordinance and discuss suggested changes with the town's consultant.
The Downtown Business District Revitalization management team meets at noon Thursday in town hall. Doug Ellis, community development specialist with the Department of Housing and Community Development, will lead the team to develop a work plan and budget for the remaining planning grant funds.
The town plans to hold a kick-off meeting for the Downtown Streetscape construction project at 8 a.m. Wednesday. The project team will be hosting the meeting and officials will be on-hand to discuss the date for the groundbreaking, the construction schedule and to answer questions.
Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at 135 N. Main St. Council plans to consider:
- Adoption of the town financial policies
- A second reading of ordinances to amend the town code sections on general provisions, administration, amusements and entertainments, and buildings and building regulations
The Board of Supervisors meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the county government center, 220 N. Commerce St. The board plans to consider:
- A resolution in recognition of Linda Beatty's 40 years of service as the clerk of the Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court
- A proposed locality agreement between the county and the Virginia Department of Health for 2013-2013
- Contracts related to the Health & Human Services Complex project
- The purchase of 16 digital video systems for the Sheriff's Office patrol vehicles that will cost $84,160 from the Virginia Asset Forfeiture Program and a 2014 GMC cargo van for the office for $21,051.50 with funds from the sheriff's special asset forfeiture account.
- Deeds from W.P. Associates and Raymond Pennington for rights-of-way in Shenandoah Farms
The board also plans to consider its meeting schedule, policies and procedures, as well as guidelines for public hearings and committee assignments. Supervisors then plan to meet in closed session to discuss appointments to the Shenandoah Valley Workforce Investment Board and to the county Board of Assessors.
The board plans to hold a work session following its regular meeting to discuss security at the Warren County government center and agenda items for the town and county liaison committee.
The School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the government center.
The Finance and Personnel Committee of the Rappahannock-Shenandoah-Warren Regional Jail Authority meets at noon Wednesday. The Transition Committee meets at 1 p.m. The authority board holds its regular meeting at 2 p.m.
The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The commission plans to hold a public hearing on:
- A request for a conditional-use permit to run a commercial riding stable facility at 327 Hidden Valley Lane
The commission will also consider scheduling public hearings on:
- A request to modify the section of the county zoning ordinance to allow the relocation of nonconforming billboard signs on the same property, only if the land on which it is located is purchased or acquired by eminent domain due to the widening, construction or reconstruction of a highway. Such amendment is proposed in order to bring the County Code in compliance with the Code of Virginia.
The commission also plans to review a proposal for a public park located off Rockland Road (Va. 658)
The Urban Forestry Advisory Commission meets at 5 p.m. Monday in the town hall conference room.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday in the administration building, 102 E. Main St. Council plans to discuss:
- A St. Patrick's Day celebration
- Proposals for power supply consulting services
- A review of the Riverton Substation
- A resolution to regulate tall grass on occupied property
- The town's agreement with nTelos
- An ordinance to amend the election districts
- A memorandum of agreement with the county over septage
- A memorandum of agreement with the county over the lighting for the U.S. 340-52 bridge
- A public hearing on a boundary adjustment
- Town banking services
Council plans to meet in closed session to discuss the disposition of town property.
The Public Works Committee meets at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
The Technical Advisory Committee of the Metropolitan Planning Organization meets at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
The Technology Committee meets at 8:15 a.m. Wednesday.
The Local Emergency Planning Committee meets at 3 p.m. Wednesday.
Frederick County Public Schools will hold an informational meeting on the new middle school at 7 p.m. Thursday at Gainesboro Elementary School.
The Human Resources Committee meets at 8 a.m. Friday.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Monday at 7875 Church St.
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at 1033 Locust St.