The following meetings are scheduled this week:
Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Arthur L. Hildreth Jr. Municipal Building, 9418 John Sevier Road. Following reports from committees, council plans to consider appointing a town clerk.
Town Council plans to hold a special meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 174 E. King St. Council plans to meet in closed session discuss the acquisition of real property. Following the session, council may consider acquiring property for the Department of Public Works. Then council plans to meet in closed session to conduct the semi-annual review of the town manager.
The Town Council Finance Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Planning Commission Room of the municipal office, 135 N. Main St. The Ordinance Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The Community Planning Management Team meets at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday in the caucus room of the Warren County Government Center, 220 N. Commerce Ave.
The Board of Supervisors meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the county government center to hold a work session on the funding of the Humane Society of Warren County animal shelter. Following the work session, the board plans to hold its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Supervisors plan to hold public hearings beginning at 7:30 p.m. on:
• A proposed agreement to relocate a portion of the boundary line between Front Royal and Warren County south of Happy Creek Road
• A proposed ordinance to amend the county code pertaining to peddlers and dealers
• A conditional-use permit requested by Donald and Judith Layman for private camping
The board also plans to consider a resolution to accept a gift of 3.19 acres of land on Freezeland Road from the Board of Game and Inland Fisheries. Supervisors then plan to meet in closed session to discuss acquisition of real property for public purposes and appointments to the Community Criminal Justice and ASAP boards.
The Development Review Committee meets at 1 p.m. Wednesday in the government center.
The Front Royal-Warren County Anti-Litter Council meets at 4 p.m. Thursday.
Town Council holds a work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the administration building at 102 E. Main St. Council plans to discuss:
• Benches on the Happy Creek walking trail
• A review by the audit committee and of the investment portfolio
• Council then plans to discuss budget issues, to include:
• A Local Government Challenge Grant
• Cogeneration and other options for waste to energy
• Tourism Zone and other tax incentives
• A resolution regarding first-day introduction requirements for bills filed in the General Assembly that have fiscal impacts
• Private funding options for the new police headquarters
• A town building inspections program
• An entrance wall for a civic organization
• Setting the town tax rate
• Council then plans to go into closed session to discuss the potential acquisition or disposition of property.