Kitchen fire damages Front Royal home
By Katie Demeria
A Front Royal fire Monday evening resulted in at least $25,000 worth of damage, according to Warren County Fire and Rescue Services Chief Richard Mabie.
Crews were called to the 303 Leach Road residence at around 6:15 p.m., Mabie said. They had the flames under control by 6:33 p.m.
“It was a kitchen fire, confined to the stove and cabinets and some other things in the kitchen,” he said. “The fire and rescue made a quick knock down on it.”
The $25,000 worth of damage, he added, is a conservative estimate.
“There was smoke and heat damage throughout the house,” he continued.
One occupant was home at the time and cooking on the stove when he became distracted and the pan caught fire, Mabie said.
The occupant has been displaced for the time being, he said, which is what fire and rescue crews usually recommend.
“When smoke gets in the furniture it can be a hazard to one’s health,” Mabie said.
Front Royal, Linden and Shenandoah Shores Volunteer Fire Companies responded to the scene along with Warren County Fire and Rescue crews.
Contact staff writer Katie Demeria at 540-465-5137 ext. 155, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Print This Article