Victim of apparent drug overdose dies
A West Virginia woman has passed away following an overdose that involved a synthetic drug, the Winchester Police Department announced on Monday.
Bailey Huffman, 20, of Slanesville, West Virginia, died early on Saturday morning, the department announced in a news release.
Officers with the Winchester Police had responded to the 400 block of North Loudoun Street on Sept. 22 for an unconscious female suffering from an apparent overdose. Agents with the Northwest Virginia Regional Drug Task Force responded to assist with the investigation, and it was determined that the overdose was not similar to recent overdoses the task forced has investigated.
Instead, based on information obtained through the investigation, the drug in question is believed to be 25I-NBOMe, commonly referred to as 25I. Authorities last week announced their belief that the drug had been applied to rolls of Smarties candies, sold and purchased online.
The task force is waiting on lab results to determine the exact chemical component of the drug, and additional information will be released once lab results are conclusive.
Anyone who encounters the drug is asked to contact law enforcement or call the Crime Solvers HOTLINE at 540-662-4131.
Print This Article