Warren County voters to choose supervisors, court clerk
Warren County voters face choices when they go to the polls on Election Day.
Three seats on the Board of Supervisors are up for election:
• Shenandoah District Supervisor Richard Traczyk is not seeking re-election. Former Front Royal Town Councilman Thomas H. Sayre, Planning Commission member Ralph A. Rinaldi and Dee A. Schools are running for that seat. Sayre is the Republican candidate. Rinaldi and Schools are running as independents.
• North River District Supervisor Daniel J. Murray Jr. is seeking re-election for a second term and is the Republican candidate. Former Front Royal Town Councilman N. Shae Parker is running as a Democrat.
• South River District Supervisor Linda P. Glavis is running unopposed for another term.
Three seats on the School Board are up for election:
• South River District School Board representative Joanne F. Cherefko is not running for another term. Shawn R. McClosky and Donna L. McEathron are running for the seat.
• School Board members C. Douglas Rosen and Arnold M. Williams Jr. are running unopposed for their seats representing the Shenandoah and North River districts, respectively.
Longtime Clerk of the Circuit Court Jennifer Sims plans to retire at the end of the year. Front Royal Town Councilman Daryl L. Funk is running for the constitutional office as the Republican candidate. Rhonda S. North, town clerk for Middleburg, is running as an independent.
Commissioner of Revenue Sherry T. Sours is running for re-election and her first full term as an independent candidate. François T. Flippen is running as the Republican Party candidate.
Commonwealth’s Attorney Brian Madden, Sheriff Daniel T. McEathron and Treasurer Wanda F. Bryant are running unopposed for re-election. Richard W. Hoover and Ira B. Richards III are running unopposed for seats on the Lord Fairfax Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Directors to represent Warren County.
In the state office races, Sen. Mark D. Obenshain, R-Harrisonburg, whose district also includes Warren County, is running for another term. April Moore is running as the Democratic Party candidate. Dels. C. Todd Gilbert and Michael J. Webert and former Frederick County Supervisor Christopher E. Collins are running unopposed to represent the 15th, 18th and 29th districts on the House of Delegates.
Contact staff writer Alex Bridges at 540-465-5137 ext. 125, or email@example.com
Print This Article