Boy charged with sodomy, abduction

STRASBURG – A 14-year-old Strasburg boy has been charged with forcible sodomy and abduction in an incident involving another boy.

Authorities have identified the alleged victim as an 11-year-old boy, who is also a Strasburg resident.

A search warrant affidavit filed in Shenandoah County Circuit Court stated the alleged victim reported to Strasburg police that he was sexually assaulted on or about Jan. 1 at the home of the defendant.

The affidavit stated the defendant locked the alleged victim in the defendant’s bedroom, took the victim’s cellphone “and committed forcible sodomy” on the 11 year old.

The affidavit also stated the victim wasn’t sure whether videos or photographs were made of the incident.

The search warrant identified a Kyocera cellphone as the subject of the search warrant. Police wanted to examine the phone for incoming or outgoing text messages, photographs and videos.

The affidavit stated the defendant contacted the alleged victim on July 23 on the cellphone to talk about the Jan. 1 incident.

The defendant later told police that the conversation between him and the alleged victim had been conducted by text message.

Police Chief Tim Sutherly said the defendant and the alleged victim are not related. Sutherly refused to provide further information.

“The family of the victim and the victim didn’t want us to release anything,” Sutherly said. “This is very sensitive, as you can imagine.”

Contact staff writer Joe Beck at 540-465-5137 ext. 142, or jbeck@nvdaily.com

Comment Policy

Print This Article

Crime & Public Safety

Local News