Next week is Farmers’ Market Week in Virginia
Gov. Terry McAuliffe proclaimed the week of Aug. 7-13 as Farmers’ Market Week in Virginia, according to a news release.
McAuliffe awarded the designation in light of the dramatic growth of farmers markets in the state from 88 in 2006 to 259 in 2016, the release stated.
To celebrate the commemorative week and growing Virginia trend, customers can patronize the following farmers’ markets throughout the valley:
• Clarke County Farmers’ Market, Berryville
• Freight Station Farmers’ Market, Winchester
• Front Royal Farmers’ Market, Front Royal
• Middletown Va Farmers’ Market, Middletown
• Mount Jackson Farmers’ Market, Mount Jackson
• Strasburg Farmers Market, Strasburg
• Virginia Farm Market, Winchester
• West Oaks Farm Market, Winchester
• Winchester’s Old Town Farmers’ Market, Winchester
• Woodstock Farmers’ Market, Woodstock
• Woodbine Farmers’ Market, Strasburg
A comprehensive list of Northern Virginia farmers’ markets is provided by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services at http://tiny.cc/hy5hdy.
Along with its regular services, the Winchester Old Town Farmers’ Market will be hosting a customer appreciation day on Aug. 13 consisting of activities, giveaways, demonstrations, deals and live music at the Taylor Pavilion.
Contact staff writer Jake Zuckerman at 540-465-5137 ext. 152, or email@example.com