Burglary suspect still at large

WOODSTOCK – A man wanted in connection with a home invasion Oct. 27 remained at large Friday, and a warrant for his arrest was issued after he failed to appear for a scheduled hearing in Shenandoah County Circuit Court.

The defendant, Thomas Caison Jr., 19, is one of two men who broke into a residence on Lora Drive, authorities say. The two fled when the homeowner, who was awakened at 6:24 a.m. during the break-in, called 911, and police showed up.

One of the suspects, Drago Lockhart, 22, of Front Royal, was arrested and charged with burglary, petit larceny and vandalism, the same charges filed against Caison.

Police surrounded the residence as the two suspects were exiting from a doorway. Officers arrested Lockhart, but the man they believe to be Caison fled on foot. No one was injured, and no weapons were involved.

Woodstock Police Chief Eric Reiley said Friday authorities had been unable to locate Caison since then.

“We’ve been in touch with his family members,” Reiley said. “We haven’t had any reported sightings in the area.”

Police have linked several vehicle break-ins to the residential burglary.

Caison is described as 6 feet 2 inches tall and 180 pounds with brown eyes and brown or blonde hair.

Reiley asked anyone with information about Caison’s whereabouts to call Woodstock police at 459-2141.

Lockhart continues to be held at the Rappahannock-Shenandoah-Warren Regional Jail after a bail hearing earlier this week.

Contact staff writer Joe Beck at 540-465-5137 ext. 142, or jbeck@nvdaily.com

Comment Policy

Print This Article

Courts & Legal News

Local News