Route 11 Chips part of recall
Giant and Martin’s food stores have announced that following a voluntary recall by Route 11 Potato Chips, store locations have removed from sale Route 11 Sour Cream & Chive Potato Chips due to potential salmonella contamination.
The following products are included in this recall:
• Route 11 Sour Cream & Chive Potato Chips, 2 ounce, UPC 4493500062 with Best by Dates between 2-9-17 and 6-10-17
• Route 11 Sour Cream & Chive Potato Chips, 6 ounce, UPC 4493500061 with Best by Dates between 2-9-17 and 6-10-17
Giant/Martin’s also announced Wednesday that the following Herr’s Potato Chips, Dieffenbach’s Potato Chips, and SunSpire products have been recalled:
• Herr’s Smoked Chipotle flavored Kettle Cooked Potato Chips, 2.625 ounce, UPC 7260003339 with Best by Dates of Nov. 13, 2016 thru March 27, 2017
• Herr’s Smoked Chipotle flavored Kettle Cooked Potato Chips, 8 ounce, UPC 7260003420 with Best by Dates of Nov. 26, 2016 thru April 24, 2017
• SunSpire Organic 42% Cacao Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, 9 ounce, UPC 7724150075 with Best By Dates of 24FEB17 thru 19SEP18
• Dieffenbach’s Sour Cream and Onion Kettle Chips, 9 ounce, UPC 78565400014 with Best by dates between 18DEC2016 and 02APR2017
• Dieffenbach’s Sour Cream and Onion Kettle Chips, 2 ounce, UPC 78565400015 with Best by dates between 01JAN2016 and 02APR2017
Giant/Martin’s has received no reports of illnesses from the recalls to date.
For information, call Route 11 Potato Chips at 1-800-294-7783 or 540-477-9664, or call GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service at 1-888-814-4268.
Route 11 Potato Chips is based in Mount Jackson.