No major damage to Town Hall after boiler fire

FRONT ROYAL – A Friday boiler room fire in the Front Royal Town Hall basement was quickly contained by Warren County Fire and Rescue Service units and caused minor damage.

Fire Marshal Gerry Maiatico said rescue units were dispatched at 8 p.m. to the Town Hall, 102 E. Main St. Upon arrival, a significant amount of smoke had spread through the building and out from the roof.

The fire, however, was contained quickly and did not spread from the boiler, Maiatico said. The rescue units were able to ventilate the building and clear the scene within about an hour. Due to the significant amount of smoke, eight units were dispatched and a portion of Main Street was closed.

Maiatico said the building will be turned back over to town officials, and a boiler specialist will examine the problem. He added that Town Hall should be able to open Monday.

COMMENTS