Grand jury hands up indictments
FRONT ROYAL – A Warren County grand jury has indicted a town man on wounding and drug charges stemming from an April 8 robbery.
Austin Richard Arocho, 20, of West 15th Street, Front Royal, remains held at Rappahannock-Shenandoah-Warren Regional Jail. A grand jury indicted Arocho in Circuit Court on Monday on one count each of unlawful wounding and attempted possession of cocaine.
A criminal complaint states that town police responded to the 7-Eleven at 851 John Marshall Highway in the early morning hours of April 8 for a report of a robbery. The two victims told police that Arocho and a male juvenile approached them while walking behind Gateway Plaza when the juvenile displayed a black, semi-automatic handgun and demanded money.
Both victims told police they recognized the suspect with the gun. The juvenile held one of the victims at gunpoint while Arocho assaulted the other victim, identified as a male juvenile, and kicked him in the head. The juvenile victim had injuries to his eye.
The second victim told police he took money from his pocket and threw it on the ground. The complaint states that the juvenile suspect handed the gun to Arocho who pointed the firearm at the victims while the juvenile suspect picked up the money. The suspects told the victims to leave.
The grand jury also indicted the following:
- John Shelton Cockrell, 46, of East Criser Road, Front Royal, on one count of grand larceny of a motor vehicle and domestic assault on April 25.
- Adam Joseph Haines, 36, of Viscose Avenue, Front Royal, on one count of domestic assault, a third or subsequent offense, on April 28.
- Patrick Allen Ruffner, 24, of Donna Court, Front Royal, on one count each of failing to stop for a law enforcement officer, a second offense within five years of driving under the influence and destruction of property.
- James Henry Edward Adkins, 48, of Siler City, North Carolina, on one count of possession of heroin on Dec. 23.
- Ronald George Breen Jr., 39, of Duncan Avenue, Front Royal, on one count each of possession of heroin and obstruction of justice on Dec. 9.
- Terry Lee Bowman, 53, of Olivers Pond Road, Front Royal, on one count of possession of methamphetamine on Dec. 11.
- Valene Nicole Hammer, 32, of Mills Lane, Front Royal, on one count of possession of heroin on Sept. 4.
- Brandace Lee Kerns, 30, of Mills Lane, Front Royal, on one count of possession of heroin on Sept. 4.
- Emily Kate Kline, 23, of Abbington Court, Bunker Hill, West Virginia, on one count of grand larceny on May 17, 2016.
- Sarah Kathryn Comer, no age or address available, on one count each of prescription fraud, forgery and passing a prescription with a forged signature on May 28.
- Adam Nicholas Gray, 36, of Summit Point Drive, on two counts cocaine distribution, a second or subsequent offense, on Feb. 16 and Feb. 24; one count of possession of cocaine on April 24; and one count of possession of drug paraphernalia on April 24.
- Christopher Edward Greenstreet, no age available, of Mechanicsville, Virginia, on two counts of forging a public document on April 25.
- Glenn Eugene Sovereign Jr., 41, of 4th Street, Front Royal, on two counts each of distribution of heroin on Oct. 26.
- Laura Elizabeth Williams, of West 14th Street, Front Royal, on one count of possession of hydromorphone on Dec. 14.
- Douglas McArthur Green, 53, of Beeden Lane, Front Royal, on one count each of cocaine distribution, a third or subsequent offense, on Dec. 14, Dec. 17 and Dec. 19.
- Carl Lee Roberts, no age or address available, on three counts of cocaine distribution, each a third or subsequent offense, on Nov. 21, Nov. 30 and Dec. 14, and one count of possession of cocaine on Dec. 14, having been convicted previously of two or more such offenses.
- Michael Lynn McDonald Jr., 37, of Hardesty Road, Front Royal, on one count each of destruction of property and domestic assault after having been convicted of assault and battery upon a family member within 20 years on May 19.
- Rebecca Kate Patton, 38, of West 11th Street, Front Royal, on one count of possession of fentanyl on Feb. 19.
- Jody Kenneth Barthlow, 42, of Filbert Street, Stephen City, on one count each of possession of cocaine and of obstruction of justice on June 10.
- Justin Cody Looney, 26, of Windy Knoll Drive, Front Royal, on one count each of possession of heroin with the intent to distribute and providing false information to law enforcement to impede an investigation on May 30.
- Kaitlin Elizabeth Ruckman, 30, of Passage Manor Drive, Strasburg, on one count each of conspiring to distribute heroin July 1, 2017, through Sept. 30, 2017, and of failing to appear for pre-trial drug testing between March 17 and March 30.
- Rachel Elaine Lewis, 38, of East Fairfax Lane, Winchester, on one count of possession of heroin on June 2, 2015.