Grand jury hands up indictments
WOODSTOCK – A grand jury Wednesday indicted a Shenandoah County man accused of committing sex crimes against a child.
Judge Clark Ritchie issued a bench warrant in Shenandoah County Circuit Court for the arrest of Gary Michael Ladd, 42, of 6183 Zepp Road, Maurertown, on two charges of forcible sodomy of a child.
Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Austin Hovermale told Ritchie that Ladd had charges in Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court scheduled for the Thursday docket. Ladd had been charged in the court with one count each of rape of a child under 13 and aggravated sexual battery. Hovermale told the judge the commonwealth would ask the court to dismiss the counts because the evidence did warrant the charges. Instead, the commonwealth sought the direct indictments against Ladd, Hovermale said.
The grand jury also indicted the following people:
- Alexander Blake Langston, 26, of 276 Periwinkle Lane, New Market, on one count each of possession of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana.
- Phillip Jerome Johnson, 47, of 35 Dickenson Drive, Inwood, West Virginia, on one count each of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of heroin with the intent to distribute.
- Angela Dawn Tucker, 26, of 409 E. Main St., Ronceverte, West Virginia, on one count of possession of heroin, one count of petty larceny and three counts of forgery.
- Charles James Orndorff, 24, of 356 Alsberry St., Strasburg, on two counts each of forgery and obtaining money by false pretenses.
- Tara Lynn Sowers, 23, of 388 N. Massanutten St., Strasburg, on one count of possession of cocaine.
- Dallas Eugene Wiseman, 26, of 501 Sassy Lane, Front Royal, on one count each of possession of methylphenidate, possession of marijuana and child endangerment.
- Vanessa Nicole Craig, 24, of 501 Sassy Lane, Front Royal, on one count each of possession of methylphenidate, possession of marijuana and child endangerment.
- Michael Alan Gilardi Jr., 44, of Woodstock, on one count of domestic assault, a third or subsequent offense.
- Ashley Marie Rush, 34, of Woodstock, on one count each of possession of cocaine, possession of codeine and possession of heroin.
- Joseph Wayne Stump, 56, of 928 Swartz Road, Woodstock, on three counts each of practicing without a valid construction license and construction fraud.
- Roberto Tirado Bermudez, 36, of 9604 Trout Run Road, Wardensville, West Virginia, on one count each of possession of oxycodone and possession of marijuana, a third or subsequent offense.
- Devon Barret Galloway, 26, of 4967 Browntown Road, Front Royal, on two counts of grand larceny of a firearm, two counts of grand larceny, three counts conspiring to commit grand larceny, two counts of petty larceny, one count of aid in concealing stolen property, one count of allowing an unlicensed person to drive and seven counts of maliciously entering a vehicle.
- Forrest McClanahan, 32, of 275 Lee Burke Road, Front Royal, on seven counts of maliciously entering a vehicle, four counts of grand larceny, three counts of conspiring to commit grand larceny, and one count each of aid in concealing stolen property with previous charges and driving while suspended.