NVDAILY.COM | Community News
Posted March 27, 2014 | Leave a comment
Festival's weekend event returns to roots
The Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival has announced this year's Anthony's Pizza Weekend-in-the-Park will offer the best of past years' events.
Organizers have consolidated the event, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 3 and 4, making it easier for attendees to navigate around Jim Barnett Park in Winchester. Unlike in recent years, all components of the weekend event will be within the ticketed area.
Tickets will remain $5 per day and allow access to all areas of the event. Adults also may purchase a keepsake badge for $7.50 for two-day access. Children 12 and younger get in free.
The event will including the following:
Safelite Auto Glass Cruise-In Car Show, one of the largest displays of classic and exotic automobiles in the area, situated in the big field behind the War Memorial Building
The Subaru of Winchester Shenandoah Valley Boat and RV Show, part of which may be scaled down from last year as it returns to the big field behind the War Memorial Building
• Monkey Joe's Kids' Fun Day, returning to its traditional location on the east end of the big field behind the War Memorial Building
• The Dr. Lori Show, back by popular demand with a combination of comedy and an antiques appraisal show in the War Memorial Building on the afternoon of May 4
• Weekend-in-the-Park Midway, also back by popular demand on the parking lot of the War Memorial Building, with more than 50 vendors with food and games expected on the afternoon of May 4
• The Robbie Limon Show, by the Robbie Limon Band, which begins along War Memorial Drive and winds through the craft area for three hours
• Wells Fargo Craft Show, which will return to its traditional location along park trails
The Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival will take place from April 26 to May 4. For more information, visit www.thebloom.com.
Copyright © The Northern Virginia Daily | nvdaily.com | 152 N. Holliday St., Strasburg, Va. 22657 | (800) 296-5137