Studies indicate that many teenagers who abuse prescription medicine get the drugs from family, friends or their home’s medicine cabinet, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Have you looked in your medicine cabinet lately? How many unused or expired prescription medicines are in there?
The DEA has scheduled a national event to help residents safely dispose of unused or expired medicine. This year’s National Prescription Drug Take-Bake Day is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 28. Collection sites will be set up at the following area locations:
- Strasburg Town Hall, 174 E. King St., Strasburg
- Martin’s food store, 240 Elizabeth Drive, Stephens City
- Winchester Elks Lodge, main entrance, 466 Front Royal, Pike, Winchester
- Mount Jackson Police Department, 5901 Main St., Mount Jackson
- Shenandoah County Government Building, 600 N. Main St., Woodstock
- Dupont Community Credit Union parking lot, 1025 Woodstock Commons Drive, Woodstock
- New Market Police Department, 9418 John Sevier Road, New Market
- Broadway Drug Center parking lot, 169 E. Springbrook Road, Broadway