Hello Leroy, nice to hear from you again. Thank you for reminding me what we needed when President Barack Obama was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009. Have you any idea how much he has accomplished? The PCTC blog online has a list of Obama's most important accomplishments. In the interest of brevity I will list just a few here.
- President Obama froze White House salaries ordered an audit of government contracts to fight waste and abuse.
- Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act, which was aimed at stopping fraud, waste and abuse in defense procurement and contracting.
- Signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act - the stimulus package - which created 2.1 million jobs in its first year and stimulated the economy by 3.5 percent. A website that allows taxpayers to track spending from the act was launched.
- In 2010, we saw more jobs created than Bush did in eight years.
- Along with Democrats, provided funding to states and the Department of Homeland Security to keep police and firefighters from being cut during the recession.
- Ordered executives who took bailout money to cut their own pay until they repaid the bailout money.
- Signed the American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act to keep jobs in the United States.
- Ended the war in Iraq.
- Made it possible for students to refinance their loads at a lower rate.
- Osama bin Laden was killed under Obama's watch.
- Children were covered under their parents' insurance policies until they turned 26 under the Affordable Care Act. Also through this act, tax breaks were provided to small businesses so that they could provide their employees with health insurance.
- Nominated Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court.
I will be happy to provide a hard copy to anyone who cannot find the information.