Our economy is in serious danger if things don't change soon. The current foreign policy is falling apart around the world. It is time to elect a true leader who will:
• Promote energy independence by making the use of domestic resources easier.
• Help Americans develop skills to succeed in business by education reforms that improve the ability of teachers to teach and children to learn.
• Focus on trade that works for America by making it easier to export products.
• Cut the deficit by cutting spending.
• Champion small business by reducing taxes and regulations, thus making it easier for businesses to hire.
• Implement a foreign policy that will strengthen our military to deter war by a show of strength.
• Improve our missile defense system.
• Improve our ties with our allies.
• Take care of our wounded military personnel and veterans.
• Create a smaller, smarter, simpler government by reducing the size of the federal government and getting our fiscal house in order.
• Cut regulations.
• Implement a fair tax code.
• Strengthen the economy by cutting corporate tax rates that stifle job creation and goods production.
• Reform and preserve Social Security and Medicare without hurting those who qualify for them now and in the future.
• Ensure that American laws reflect America's values of preserving life, including that of the unborn, at home and abroad.
• Will appoint an attorney general who will defend the Defense of Marriage Act and champion a Federal Marriage Amendment to the Constitution that defines marriage as between one man and one woman.
• Will be a leader who leads, and does not blame others for his mistakes.
President Barack Obama's policies have failed. It is time to replace him with a president who will implement policies with a proven track record of success. It is time to replace him with Mitt Romney. It also is time to elect George Allen, re-elect U.S. Rep. Bob Goodlatte, U.S. Rep. Frank Wolf, and other leaders who will support George Romney in his policies.
L. John Bost, Strasburg